• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone use this kit?

ZR9B

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my brakes starting with the front. I have 10 " disk on there now that are ok but I would buy new rotors,bearings,pads hoses and calipers anyway. I'm not even sure if the extra inch would make much of a difference anyway.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit or would think they would try it?
Thanks for the input.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/1962...rVJezOt2HXixmdjHKb9ItEi1i115-sohoC4usQAvD_BwE

They claim 11" rotors BUT they are the same as you have now ... 10.87". The proof is the caliper bracket. For the larger rotors you would need the bracket on the left in the photo below but the bracket in the Speedway kit is clearly the one on the right. (Pay attention to the side notches)

05s-2.jpg

I think they'd be more inclined to tell you if it was the 11.75" rotors. As for any advantage, this has been kicked around for years and the general consensus is that it is virtually unnoticeable.

If you have stock Mopar discs on there now then you wouldn't need this whole kit anyway. To upgrade to the larger rotor all you need is the caliper bracket and the rotor. Everything else is the same.

Agree with the above. If your car is a 71-72 you would also need 73 up spindles or the Dr diff bearing adapter to run the later discs.

Thanks guys...I have a 72 charger so I guess I'll have to make up my mind what I'll do...damn thing rattles a ton and thar pisses me off more than anything.

Thanks again

I bought a similar kit from Right Stuff Detailing a few years ago for my 71 Charger but included the brake booster as well.
Both kits include the later model spindles so you can use the later model bearings, rotor, pads, etc.

Very happy with how it all went together. It took a little fitting on some parts but that's to be expected on any aftermarket kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back