• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything special about my 73 Charger?

Squirelly1

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
A lil help...most of u guys prob can read this w out a book! Ha. :thumbsup:

20170220_194935.jpg 20170220_194950.jpg

Man, I hope the rest of the car doesn't look like that inner fender. Looks like part of the Titanic lol

Its not awful but could use some help. Any help on decoding?

Code Description
E63 400-2 Barrel 72-76
D34 TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
WH23
W = Dodge Coronet / Charger
H = High
23 = 2 Door Hardtop
N3G
N = 400
3 = 1973
G = St. Louis, MO, USA
225712 Sequence Number '225712'
FE5
Paint Code: Bright Red / Rally Red
C2L3
Trim Grade/Style/Color
C = Charger
2 = Vinyl Bench
L3 = Parchment
HL2 Upper Door Frame: Unknown At This Time
605 Date Built: 6 / 05 / 1973
348123 Order Number: 348123
V1L Roof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - Champagne
U Built to Specifications for USA Order
B41 Front Disc Brakes Some Yrs. Power
G11 Tinted Glass All
G37 Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Chrome Mirrors
H51 Single Air /w Heater
J25 3 Speed Variable Wipers
J52 Inside Hood Release
L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 Wide Sill Molding
M28 Front Bumper Periphery
M31 Belt & Hood Molding
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V7W Accent Stripes - White
28 Unknown At This Time
END End of Codes

from stock mopar http://www.stockmopar.com/mopar-fen...G&Vin3=225712&vin=WH23N3G225712&Submit=Decode

Yep il take some. Its sitting still. This is the first year I have had a place to work on it thoroughly. I didn't want to start anything on it and tell I was committed. I don't want boxes of parts being lost and forgotten over the next 10 years because I never really was ready. Although that may happen anyway hahaha. You guys will probably just say that it looks awful LOL

It was my dad's first car. He should have bought a 69 Road Runner. Lol... no just kidding. I am happy that it is a big block car at least other than that I think it's nothing real special.

I pulled the backseat out and to my delight found the build sheet in really good shape. Then as fast as I was excited I was no longer excited. For whatever reason the build sheet is for a 73 satellite and not a charger. I was told by someone that back then they could have got the seats mixed up at the factory. If I can find the 73 satellite chances are possibly my build sheet is under his seat. I don't know that's a lot to ask. Just really really strange that it turned out like that. Everything on the car is original.

Yea it happens. Mine had 3 blank broadcast sheets with the original stacked under the carpet

Code Description
E63 400-2 Barrel 72-76
D34 TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
WH23
W = Dodge Coronet / Charger
H = High
23 = 2 Door Hardtop
N3G
N = 400
3 = 1973
G = St. Louis, MO, USA
225712 Sequence Number '225712'
FE5
Paint Code: Bright Red / Rally Red
C2L3
Trim Grade/Style/Color
C = Charger
2 = Vinyl Bench
L3 = Parchment
HL2 Upper Door Frame: inner upper door pad is parchment in color to go with the rest of the interior
605 Date Built: scheduled production date. May or may not be the actual date of assembly
348123 Order Number: 348123
V1L Roof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - Champagne
U Built to Specifications for USA Order
B41 Front Disc Brakes power front disc brakes
G11 Tinted Glass All
G37 Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Chrome Mirrors
H51 Single Air /w Heater
J25 3 Speed Variable Wipers
J52 Inside Hood Release
L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 Wide Sill Molding
M28 Front Bumper Periphery molding
M31 Belt & Hood Molding
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V7W Accent Stripes - White
28 28 inch radiator
END End of Codes

from stock mopar http://www.stockmopar.com/mopar-fen...G&Vin3=225712&vin=WH23N3G225712&Submit=Decode

Open for more detail

I doubt your sheet was a mixup at the factory. That's a Plymouth sheet in a Dodge car. I suspect the rear seat of the Charger was damaged and someone along the line pulled a seat from a Satellite and put it in as a replacement.

It is on the vin plate...not sure what line you are referencing on the fender tag....?

Some seat fabrics and patterns were common to both Dodge and Plymouth in 72-74.

Very possible a line worker grabbed a seat of the style and color called for without matching build sheet VINs.

I had the wrong sheet under the rear seat, but the right one under the front.

Well someone maybe has a satellite and would love to have this build sheet...it was fairly optioned up and is in really nice shape.

Yes, 73 Satellite/Roadrunner rear, in fact all seats were the same pattern. Could have gotten swapped at a Dodge/CP dealer as it was ripped or something like that. I don't believe Sattys and Chargers were built in the same plant. I believe they were moved to Windsor in 73, could be wrong. Top row of build sheet does it say RP23 ?3R ... it's Windsor. G is St Louis.

Beautiful Big Block with History!

Auto Transport Service
Back