• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlanta

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Swore I’d never drive anywhere near Atlanta. Well. Central Florida to Columbus for Nats. What’s the best day, time, or alternate heading North?

81EAE1F1-4A5D-45FC-BFC6-C7F816E3FACA.png

Last edited:
If we must, a Saturday or Sunday morning. Through the middle.

Wish I was at home where my notes are from the Aero reunion in 2019. Times to go thru and where we're spot on with no delay on a Wednesday afternoon.

Haven't made that drive recently, but have gone that way from/to FL many times. Usually try time it to go through the middle late in the evening, after 8-9pm or over night. We were usually traveling on weekdays so tried to avoid mornings unless really early. Weekend mornings are definitely better.

Monday thru Friday, 6am till about 8am, most all interstate leading into downtown, avoid if possible. Same outward bound 3pm till after 6pm. Weekends, POSSIBLY a bit better, if you're lucky. Agreed, straight up I-75 thru the middle.

It's been a few years since I've made that trip but I always had good luck timing my departure so I went through ATL around midnight or later, (but not on Fri, or Sat) and drove straight through, no bypass.

Go right through down town if you can get through early around 06:00 - 07:00 you're fine. You can also make it through if you go from 10:00am - 13:00 after that stay away until after around 20:00. It helps if you have 2 people as you can use the HOV lane and sometimes that will let you go right through.

Auto Transport Service
Back