• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto Parts Obsolete can kiss my ***

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
We have threads about companies that are great to deal with, but I thought I would post up my experience with one I would never recommend to anyone.
https://autopartsobsolete.com/
AutoPartsObsolete
Robert Zubal
6126 N. Kachina Lane
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
623-240-9256
www.Autopartsobsolete.com

Ordered a nos turn signal switch from them. It was a 2947801, so I would guess 20 years old or so. Showed up 8 days later. Opened it up and the first thing I did was push in the horn button. Only thing was that it was frozen. Tried calling them 3 times with no answer. On the third call I left a message explaining the issue and asking if they had another one I could swap for. After 3 days he emailed me saying they had no more. Probably was dried up grease and to work it a bit. Wasn't to keen on forcing a 20 year old plastic piece that I had just paid $200 for, but I did. Finally got it to move and cycled it about 50 times full range. After all this, and physically forcing it both ways, it would stay stuck whenever pressure was let off. Tried calling him a couple more times with no answer. Sent another email explaining what I did and that I thought it was a problem in the plastic and not dried grease. The box had been taped up years ago so maybe a return from back in the day? Anyway, I didn't want to go any farther for fear it would break or by spraying anything on it because I knew he would never take it back then. Couple days later he emails me back saying he would take it back and refund my money when it is back in his hands. I then asked about being reimbursed for shipping since in my opinion he sold a bad switch. No response. 2 more emails, no response. Tried calling again, no answer. I boxed it back up and insured it for what I paid.
Got tracking verification that it was delivered and checked my account for the next 6 days for the credit. Nothing. Tried calling, no answer. Emailed him, no response. Finally filed a claim with Paypal. 2 days later the credit for my purchase price is there. No extra for my shipping even though I sent a receipt for that in the box back to him. Tried calling and emailing again - crickets.
So, moral of the story is don't buy anything from this asshat or his partner
ObsoleteAutoParts
Michael Allen
1426 Valley View Circle
Orefield. PA 18069
Luckily ended up getting 2 more of these switches from a very nice fellow on ebay that work perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks for your warning to the group - bad customer service is not what we need for these old cars and parts.

Sorry for your troubles.

Maggots! Eat the shipping and write it off as a lesson learned but using

PayPal was the best thing you could do. Never gift a stranger money.

Maggots! Eat the shipping and write it off as a lesson learned but using

PayPal was the best thing you could do. Never gift a stranger money.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. I told him I would post up my experience with him on my favorite Mopar website so others would know how he operates. He didn't care I guess because he still never responded. Guarantee this will cost him more than my postage did.....

I don’t see this as really bad service, basically you paid shipping to try out a 20 year old piece of plastic. Buying 20 year old plastic parts even if NOS is always a gamble and expecting Walmart/Amazon style returns is asking too much to me. Even if the part worked perfecting in your hand and the third time you used it to signal it could fall apart. What then? Ask for $200 plus shipping returned?

I don’t see this as really bad service, basically you paid shipping to try out a 20 year old piece of plastic. Buying 20 year old plastic parts even if NOS is always a gamble and expecting Walmart/Amazon style returns is asking too much to me.
I do agree with you that buying a 20 year plastic part is taking a gamble and I don'thave a problem with that. But I disagree that it is not bad customer service. The place doesn't answer their phone or respond to emails. Would have been very easy to pacify me on the phone. He also wouldn't credit my account until I filed a claim with PayPal. And on top of that, if you were selling a part like this, wouldn't you visually inspect it and make sure things move freely? To me, those 3 things are bad customer service and reason to never buy anything from this joker again.

yup, answer the damn phone, and answer the emails. That is customer service.

I don’t see this as really bad service, basically you paid shipping to try out a 20 year old piece of plastic. Buying 20 year old plastic parts even if NOS is always a gamble and expecting Walmart/Amazon style returns is asking too much to me. Even if the part worked perfecting in your hand and the third time you used it to signal it could fall apart. What then? Ask for $200 plus shipping returned?
Bull crap. They should of made sure it would be acceptable before shipping. That in itself is bad service. As a seller I would be sure of what I sell and any discrepancies would be disclosed. You do not pay shipping to try out a part unless that is agreed on in the sale. To even make that comment is asinine. Once the part is received in good condition and works correctly when properly installed the long term fate of it is the buyers.

I do agree with you that buying a 20 year plastic part is taking a gamble and I don'thave a problem with that. But I disagree that it is not bad customer service. The place doesn't answer their phone or respond to emails. Would have been very easy to pacify me on the phone. He also wouldn't credit my account until I filed a claim with PayPal. And on top of that, if you were selling a part like this, wouldn't you visually inspect it and make sure things move freely? To me, those 3 things are bad customer service and reason to never buy anything from this joker again.
Exactly. you didn't buy the part for a lawn ornament. It's the sellers responsibility for the functionality of the part.

Yeah - it is common sense when selling something to state if it works or doesn't and if the latter, the price get's dropped if a buyer wants it knowing repairs are necessary. Selling stuff on ebay for 20+ years I have a 100% good rating and super careful to describe exactly what I have - any damage, scars, working or not, etc. Photo's of any defects. And I look at a seller's rating when considering buying something. ******* over a customer is pretty insane. There was one outfit that I ordered custom floor mats from and never received them. Great/fancy website. Several calls/emails - zero response. I looked up reviews on this place and there were tons of bad reviews. Paypal reimbursed me BUT was surprised this skank place was still advertising...ya'd think paypal would tell 'em you're done.

Probably was dried up grease and to work it a bit. Wasn't to keen on forcing a 20 year old plastic piece that I had just paid $200 for, but I did.

This would've been my first red flag to run, not walk away! Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back