• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day

16681954_605790136273065_4349172067524805608_n.jpg

When I was 16 premium was 37.9 a gallon and there was no self serve. You would have gotten yelled at for touching a pump.

And I have a better-half that hasn't touched a pump nozzle in decades. If I was laid-up she asked the boys to go for a fill-up! Course, I met her at local gas station with full-serve so what I can say!!

Hell I can remember .199 cents. When I started to drive .269.
I remember filling my 1 ga. tank on my mini-bike up
with a $0.25/quarter, used a couple of found & returned
"Coke bottles" $0.05 cents each usually to get the $$$ too

I'm only 57 thou :lol:

I do remember my step dad Bob going off when we had the gas wars
when prices went to a whole $0.33 cents a gal. he was livid

I remember in HS paying $0.50 cents a gal. & only making $1.65 an hr
that was almost a 1/3 of an hrs pay for gas :BangHead:

Budnicks- you never needed more than a dollar or two----the "parking spot" in the woods wasn't that far away!!!!

Hell I can remember .199 cents. When I started to drive .269.
I remember when I was a little kid in the 50s and my old man going nuts because gas went over 20 cents a gallon, but then he was probably only making a dollar an hour working at the sawmill. Good old days.

I remember when I was a little kid in the 50s and my old man going nuts because gas went over 20 cents a gallon, but then he was probably only making a dollar an hour working at the sawmill. Good old days.
I remember my dad taking 5 , 55gal. drums to town and filling them w/ ethel for 19.9 cents a gallon, during a gas war .

The best was the few years before data pumps. You hadda reset the counter, turn the pump ON, then pump and then go in and tell them how much to pay twice the price on the pump because it didn't go over 99 cents!
And they kinda just took you word for it.

Not only do I have one, My mother bought one for my father in 1952, a Sears Yard-man.
Still have the original tag from the handle.
Very heavy, been using it since 1968.
All my kids and wife learned how to run it.
Can mow at 5 AM and nobody would know.
And if you use one of these, you will keep your body in 1950s teenage shape with no gym membership needed!

My Dad bought a 67 VW new. I remember him saying to the attendant at the gas station, "fill it up BUT DON'T go over $3.

And if you use one of these, you will keep your body in 1950s teenage shape with no gym membetaship needed!
Wallace Cleaver was the primary example of 1950-60s hunkiness. Look up images of how pumped up he got without artificial input.
Damn.

Here's more....

16487423_604767473041998_4651100369787417918_o.jpg
A friend of mines Dad had some good **** on reel to reel. We cut frames out and looked at them with the View Master. Man was he pissed. Thought he would kill us. Lousy splicing.

Auto Transport Service
Back