• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Dad....

Man that sucks! I get it if you need the money but at least talk to him about and don't sell it out from under his kid. Kid will win because it was legally his car.

My parents did something similar to me years ago, but reverse. I'd bought a truck when i was 17, state law required parents/guardians to be on the title, BMV lady wouldnt put my name on it, I paid for it, paid for everything, my parents ended up one summer taking it from my place, selling it. Legally, nothing I could do. Eventually they did give me the money from the sale but it definitely destroyed the relationship as I barely talk to them anymore.

There are a few situations where it is perfectly acceptable to kick your old man's ***. This is one of them, even if it was only a Camaro.

:lol:

I had a pickup truck i plowed snow with and used to remove debris, haul topsoil anything to make a dollar. My father had a pickup with a decent enough aluminum cap like the kind they had decades ago. He sold the truck but gave me the cap and i used it. In the winter i took it off and put it in his yard as it was a PITA having it on the truck when i was plowing snow, especially small lots. That spring i got busy and didn't reinstall the cap right away. In and around the beginning of the summer pop calls me and says with his usual tone, if you aint using the cap I'm going to sell it. I told him why i wasn't using it at that time but his mind was made up and i told him do what you want with it. He sold it for 200 dollars and put the money in his pocket. Meanwhile i had a beat up house and three little kids and was hustling my *** off........ A 50 grand or more car or a 200 dollar truck cap, its all relevant. That guy should have never given that title over to his son if the money into the car was a issue. And the son? The son should tell him stick the car up his *** and never went to court. Suck it up, work, make money, get your own car and stand on your own two feet like i did. My father raised two boys, feed and clothed us and kept a roof over our heads. Never came home drunk, never hit my mother and went to work every day. So i have nothing to bitch about but he gave me the cap as a present and sold it and kept the money. I do everything under the sun now for my adult children still to this day.

My parents did something similar to me years ago, but reverse. I'd bought a truck when i was 17, state law required parents/guardians to be on the title, BMV lady wouldnt put my name on it, I paid for it, paid for everything, my parents ended up one summer taking it from my place, selling it. Legally, nothing I could do. Eventually they did give me the money from the sale but it definitely destroyed the relationship as I barely talk to them anymore.
My son grew up on the Dukes of hazard. He loved that show and also "Chips" To this day we still call him Duke boy-----thanks for the memories

I get it, his dad was wrong and a douche. But the son turning his dad in for felony conviction and jail time is nuts - over a CAMARO.

I get it, his dad was wrong and a douche. But the son turning his dad in for felony conviction and jail time is nuts - over a CAMARO.
i dont know, i'd be pretty dang pissed about it, i'll be honest, i thought about suing my parents over that truck but as the law states, the owner is the one on the title, not who put money into what.

That sucks for that kid, it almost makes me glad I grew up without a dad. But I was still betrayed by a family member also. Not with a car but a house so this story hit a nerve for me too. It's a long story that spans 25 years but it's how I ended up in San Antonio. Therapy session over. LOL

I wouldn't have turned him in. Just kicked his ***. He deserves it.. period.
The reason mostly us his statement about money not being an issue and binding being the more important thing. That was obviously a lie

Chevy Camaro owners.....

Stereotypes.jpg

Notice: This post is for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.
(Maybe not? )

i dont know, i'd be pretty dang pissed about it, i'll be honest, i thought about suing my parents over that truck but as the law states, the owner is the one on the title, not who put money into what.

I agree, a civil suit sure. But he's on trial for multiple felonies. I don't know, man, I get that some people had some bad bad childhoods, but that's a heck of a thing.

I wouldn't have turned him in. Just kicked his ***. He deserves it.. period.
The reason mostly us his statement about money not being an issue and binding being the more important thing. That was obviously a lie
Unless your (not you) father raises his hand to his wife you dont hit your parent. Nobody knows the whole story and all i see is folks here getting upset because its a old car.
Sure the father is wrong and in addition criminally wrong at that. But there is a lesson to be learned by the son.

I'd have had him have pay/refund the guy,
to get it back too & I'd probably had him arrested too...
IMO that's BS it wasn't about the $$$ or he'd probably
have given it away...

He committed fraud I see it as more than 2 felonies,
against his own son, that's fucken' BS, some really low life BS...
Doesn't matter if it was a car either, it just makes it worse,
it had some real value & some sentimental value, I'm sure...

No excuses for the father ever doing that **** whatsoever, period...
I don't know why people would think it's OK at all,
he deserved what ever comes his way, KARMA's a real bitch...

No real father would ever do that crap to his son, period,
it goes both ways...
Not sure I'd have kick his ***,
but I'm damn sure I'd really have wanted to thou...
My luck would be I'd hit him & he'd die
than I'm the one going to jail instead of that POS loser,
"so called father", more like just a sperm donor...

He was & is total complete & utter douchebag, father or not...
IMO he probably needs his *** kicked too, he deserves it...
But;
He will get justice now, either way, maybe jailhouse justice...

Last edited:
Would you be saying something else if it was a 70 hemi Charger?

Auto Transport Service
Back