• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bailey's drinkers....

Real Baileys? There is only one.

Real Baileys? There is only one.
I think he meant the brand, as opposed to any of the variety of cream liqueurs that are out there.

For instance, I used to buy Kemper's Bavarian Cream but haven't seen it on the shelves for years.
1698989026772.png

That seems like a pretty good price you got there, 33 IMP.

The only Kahlua drinker I know is an old woman.
And I usually drink phony Baileys, either Duggans (rite aid) or Kirkland. Real Baileys is only slightly better, and normally crazy expensive.

I like Bailey's, Black Button, and Jackson Morgan cream liquors. Great in the coffee first thing in the morning !

Gentlemen we must watch our calories. So just a shot per coffee cup. That doesn't mean 23 onces of cream and one once of coffee. Lol

Interesting. Key difference for me is different than in the article. For me the difference is that the Kirklands costs about a third of real Baileys. So does the Duggans.
And in morning coffee, all three are acceptable. At the moment I'm finishing off a small bottle of Dempseys. Not great, but not bad. Small bottle of Baileys at Smiths, $23, Carolans $15, small bottle of Dempseys, $9 (bought before I found the deal on the good stuff...).

Last edited:
Only one the Wife will drink. Like anything in Ontario... over a $1 an ounce now. $68 CDN a 1.75 L bottle (59oz)
20231103_095859.jpg

Interesting. Key difference for me is different than in the article. For me the difference is that the Kirklands costs about a third of real Baileys. So does the Duggans.
And in morning coffee, all three are acceptable. At the moment I'm finishing off a small bottle of Dempseys. Not great, but not bad. Small bottle of Baileys at Smiths, $23, Carolans $15, small bottle of Dempseys, $9 (bought before I found the deal on the good stuff...).
My wife loves Baileys, and after years of drinking it, daily in her coffee before dinner, we were at Costcos, and she saw it. She bought a bottle and the rest is history. I buy them by the handful for her now. My wife has impeccable taste and finds any difference between the two not worth picking Baileys over Kirkland. Just an opinion.

Try 2 1/2 cups whiskey of your choice (I like the Canadian blends like Black Velvet), 1/2 cup Kahlua, and 1 can of Eagle brand sweetened, condensed milk. Mix, chill and ready to drink. Short shelf life (probably - I don't know), no aging required. Quite tasty!

Last edited:
My wife loves Baileys, and after years of drinking it, daily in her coffee before dinner, we were at Costcos, and she saw it. She bought a bottle and the rest is history. I buy them by the handful for her now. My wife has impeccable taste and finds any difference between the two not worth picking Baileys over Kirkland. Just an opinion.
Exactly my opinion too. I would never pay the normal money they ask for the the big bottle of Baileys ($57 up!)

Try 2 1/2 cups whiskey of your choice (I like the Canadian blends like Black Velvet, 1/2 cup Kahlua, and 1 can of Eagle brand sweetened, condensed milk. Mix, chill and ready to drink. Short shelf life (probably - I don't know), no aging required. Quite tasty!
Yep. A previous girlfriend had a recipe for homemade "Baileys" that sounded very similar. Tried once or twice, did not keep very well. Heck, we don't even refrigerate the duggans or Kirkland after opening, like Baileys says you should.

I'd have to try Baileys next to the American made whiskey/ cream drinks. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream is tasty. Same type of recipe only it has Buffalo Trace Bourbon in it instead of Irish Whiskey. I like the Buffalo Trace and I also like the Ezra Brooks. Most of the big distillers have their own version. I just read that Baileys adds flavoring where Bourbon based juice doesn't. Bourbon is at least 51% corn and is already sweet. No additives needed for their flavor profile. The BT is a bit hard to find here but the EB is easy. It runs around $18 a bottle here.

1699021722206.png

buffalo-trace-bourbon-cream-liqueur-frankfort-ky-7.png

Heck, we don't even refrigerate the duggans or Kirkland after opening, like Baileys says you should.
Wife's Baileys has never gone in a fridge, hell at camp it's in the top cupboard about 7' up in probably the hottest corner by the kitchen window.

I usually don't care about the money, but for 57 or 68 dollars for a bottle that I can drink down like coolaid, no thanks. I really enjoy this stuff and could drink it all day!!

13447755497502.png

Auto Transport Service
Back