• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bear hunting

ESOXER

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
So I went on my first ever bear
20180905_184524.jpg
hunt today, waited 8 years for a tag and got one 2.5 hours in, the little guy surprised me, I got a cookie that ma made me from my bag and poof he was there. Hes was way late to the bait so I thought he was one of the bigger ones but I didn't work out that way. I found out how hard it is to judge their size, and my first time seeing a wild bear at 8 yards. It was a quick kill he went less than 60 yards, but down a hill. The other guy in our party skinned the back of one and he came back and he hit him again. Hope we find him tomorrow, too dark and he got him just a bit back. The one he shot was over 200 we hope , mine was 100. Wish he was bigger but my first time

I wonder if the Chinese are still buying bear gall bladders. They used to pay north of $40k for a fresh bladder. Magic potion you know. Get a hard on for a day after eating some.......

So I went on my first ever bearView attachment 649162 hunt today, waited 8 years for a tag and got one 2.5 hours in, the little guy surprised me, I got a cookie that ma made me from my bag and poof he was there. Hes was way late to the bait so I thought he was one of the bigger ones but I didn't work out that way. I found out how hard it is to judge their size, and my first time seeing a wild bear at 8 yards. It was a quick kill he went less than 60 yards, but down a hill. The other guy in our party skinned the back of one and he came back and he hit him again. Hope we find him tomorrow, too dark and he got him just a bit back. The one he shot was over 200 we hope , mine was 100. Wish he was bigger but my first time
Sorry for the "little guy" who fell for "a cookie that ma made me".

Last edited:
I wonder if the Chinese are still buying bear gall bladders. They used to pay north of $40k for a fresh bladder. Magic potion you know. Get a hard on for a day after eating some.......
Yeah, those Chinese are truly some sick f**ks.

Congratulations! For the first bear, it’s always good no matter how big! Now get that thing skinned out and into the cooler!

I know here in Maine, people are paying good money for those gallbladders!

Last edited:
IMG_72166632558171.jpeg

Congrat on your first bear. Here's a picture of my first, Kodiak on Kodiak Island.

So I went on my first ever bearView attachment 649162 hunt today, waited 8 years for a tag and got one 2.5 hours in, the little guy surprised me, I got a cookie that ma made me from my bag and poof he was there. Hes was way late to the bait so I thought he was one of the bigger ones but I didn't work out that way. I found out how hard it is to judge their size, and my first time seeing a wild bear at 8 yards. It was a quick kill he went less than 60 yards, but down a hill. The other guy in our party skinned the back of one and he came back and he hit him again. Hope we find him tomorrow, too dark and he got him just a bit back. The one he shot was over 200 we hope , mine was 100. Wish he was bigger but my first time

Cool. Good hunt with a crossbow too! I hunt here in Indiana with a crossbow love it so much I don't hunt with anything else.

Congrats on the bruin.
Grind some up and mix it with venison for some good burgers.

Stop by with your gun wife would like you to shoot our pesky bear.

Poor bear he didn't do absolutely nothing bad to you , is his mearly existence a cause for you to kill him ? Didn't he look more beautiful alive ?

Poor bear he didn't do absolutely nothing bad to you , is his mearly existence a cause for you to kill him ? Didn't he look more beautiful alive ?
There are many places where bears are a nuisance. Better to harvest them responsibly and make use of what you've earned than hit them with a car or poison them like they do in other places.
It's not like black bears are endangered in North America.

When you can't go outside without looking over your shoulder.....

You can't just go out and kill a bear ! There is rules it's to keep there population in check (this helps them so they don't starve to death ext.) When there's so many running around they migrate to citys (looking for food) causing problems this is a much more human way of dealing with issues then (as mentioned) getting hit by a car , this way no one gets hurt !

Not a fan of Bear Meat. Too damn greasy for my taste buds. Now if it had been Venison or Elk? Then we can talk. Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Please, spare the board your bear huggin BS!

From what I hear, at the national parks there's signs posted,( A fed bear is a dead bear.). In other words, they don't want bears to get too comfortable around humans, and cause trouble. Limited hunting saves more bears and humans than the number of bears killed

If I had to kill my food I'd starve to death. But instead of touting the virtues of animal rights, I'm grateful there are heartless animal murderers out there !!

One of my neighbors spotted a bear at my garbage dumpster at my summer house in upstate NY. We have a lot of little kids all over the place. About 10 years back, a few miles from my place, a black bear snatched an infant out of a stroller and killed him.
I see a bear getting too close for comfort to my people, I have no problem pulling out the 30.06 !!!!!

I used to hunt a lot actually. Big game and birds mostly. All when I lived in MN and CO. Haven’t hunted since I moved to CA. Too many people out here and the hunting environment just isn’t the same. They hunt people out here so I keep my rifles locked up. Practice regularly with my P226 Sig. My point was going to be I’ve never hunted anything I wouldn’t eat. I never saw the point in trophy hunting - hunting to eat is a different story. Game Mgmt is a necessary thing to do. Makes for healthy animal populations and curbs the impact from urban encroachment.

Auto Transport Service
Back