• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench seat return springs?

superbeedave

Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Hey guy's, I have a 69 Super bee with bench seat and have a question on the springs that goes underneath for the return mechanism. I'm sending a picture and was wondering if these are the correct springs? Thank you, Dave!
Sseat spirngs.jpg

Those aren't "springs", they are release cables (wire actually) that go from the drivers side lever to the passenger side track release. The "spring" you see is just the retaining sleeve.
beerestoration2019part2 417.JPG

beerestoration2019part2 414.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 415.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 416.JPG

Thank you dadsbee! But will that retaining cable reach from one side thru the hook and then to the other side? Or is that why there are a two of them in the package?
Thank you, Dave

Thank you dadsbee! But will that retaining cable reach from one side thru the hook and then to the other side? Or is that why there are a two of them in the package?
Thank you, Dave

Because those are short & therefore they are for Bucket seats....

Because those are short & therefore they are for Bucket seats....
Well like my Wife has always said, how do you expect me to know the length if you don't put a tape beside it for reference!

..as I showed, there is only a SINGLE wire on a bench seat.

Well like my Wife has always said, how do you expect me to know the length if you don't put a tape beside it for reference!
Back in the 90's a guy with the shop next door always kept a ruler having on a nail in the bathroom... Never ask to borrow his ruler... LOL...

So it looks like my cable is bent out of shape and not even fed through the hook. Looks like I'll have to look for
the proper cable. Thanks for all the help and comments guy's! Dave!

Auto Transport Service
Back