• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Place To Find Seat Covers 1967 Belvedere II

67BELVSLEEPER

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
Looking for the best place to get seat covers(bench seats) for my 1967 Belvedere II.

If your looking to retain the factory look, I would suggest using the seat covers as sewn by Legendary Interiors. However, I would suggest shopping around as you will find quite a difference in pricing. Legendary will run specials throughout the year, they have one going now through October 23rd with 5 to 15% off certain items. I am sure they will be one around Black Friday, Christmas / New Years.
As a vendor of their product and most other other vendors of theirs, all will typically be able to sell the product to you at a lower price. Just check with your favorite vendor to see if they offer the Legendary Interior product line. If your looking for other interior items besides the seat covers, I would strongly suggest looking at "outside" vendors for items like the carpet, sun visors, head liner, package tray, arm rest bases, etc. Any additional questions, just send me a message and I will try to answer any specific questions.

Everything is mint in the car beside a few rips in the seat and three cracks in the dashpad. I definitely want to stay with the stock look.

I used Pro/Fit Auto Interiors. They rebuilt my front seat, and are repairing rips in my rear seat now.

IMG_2153.JPG

The front seat was $600.00 delivered. I had to instal it. Mine are the gold color, $305 extra from the base price.

Libby at Pro Fit can possibly replace an insert with a new piece of material that will be close to the original. It all depends on the location of the rips. Pro Fit is also another vendor of the Legendary product line.

The rear seat is mint minus a tear on the other side.....do they still make this insert fabric? All the seats are in great shape minus some places on the inserts.

That is an odd pattern. I've not seen that one before.

The legendary catalog shows the available patterns but it's tough to navigate and not complete.

The Classic industries catalog is much easier.

Classic will eventually have a 20% off with free shipping sale.

They do offer 4 door specific seat cover sets, but again, I'm not familiar with that one, so may be tough.

That is an odd pattern. I've not seen that one before.

The legendary catalog shows the available patterns but it's tough to navigate and not complete.

The Classic industries catalog is much easier.

Classic will eventually have a 20% off with free shipping sale.

They do offer 4 door specific seat cover sets, but again, I'm not familiar with that one, so may be tough.
As long as I can stay with the blue color I don’t mind a different pattern, although that one is pretty cool.

is it cloth?

What's the interior code on your fender tag?

The only thing I've seen even close to that was in a bizarre 66 Coronet 500 SE 4 door with a trailer package. It was black with a turquoise cloth insert interior, had a 361 and sure grip 2.94 axle. I bought the chunk, and it so clean it looks like it's never been run.

is it cloth?

What's the interior code on your fender tag?

The only thing I've seen even close to that was in a bizarre 66 Coronet 500 SE 4 door with a trailer package. It was black with a turquoise cloth insert interior, had a 361 and sure grip 2.94 axle. I bought the chunk, and it so clean it looks like it's never been run.
The inserts are a weird pattern cloth. The vinyl is almost a blue silver color.

I
I'm going to guess you have interior code H1B, based on your photos and this site: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1967PlymouthColorAndTrim-04.shtml

If you just want to replace the inserts, I'd take it to a local shop and get in touch with SMS Auto Fabrics for the original material. That fabric will be costly--expect to pay $100/yard.
I was checking out some of those fabrics and they are a lot of $$. I have a good friend who does boat interiors so I am going to have him look at them.

I'm searching for interiors for my '66 Belvedere, deciding whether to go stock, or do something else. I've met a couple upholsterers and looked at available materials. I haven't found anybody outside SMS and Original Auto Interiors in MI that has the original material to match. Maybe you'll get lucky and find an old upholster with some laying around. Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back