• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Block # gurus...

Depending on how that goes...my plans include: heads go on a shelf. My new to me Eddie RPM heads go for a cleanup at the machine shop, and lite cut to bring the 84cc chambers down a little. Cometic MLS .027 gasket, voodoo hydraulic 702 ([email protected], .474/.495E in at 8degrees), 1.6 rockers (prolly new pushrods), Eddie RPM manifold, 770 AVS2.

Thoughts? I already have the cam/lifters/rockers/heads/carb/headers

Wallace appears to have missed a step... Every other Dynamic calculator has you add 15 degrees to your closing point...

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.54.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.38.41 PM.png

I was playing with this calculator the other day, what is the point of adding the 15°?

I was playing with this calculator the other day, what is the point of adding the 15°?

In cams there is typically the advertised duration & the @.050 duration, the advertised duration includes the opening & closing ramps, the ramps are very mild lead in ramps that eat allot of duration without producing much lift (.050) These ramps don't produce much flow especially when trying to draw air into the cylinder... But the intake closes as the piston is starting to reverse direction & come up the bore... so until the valve is closed the cylinder won't build pressure... Well now the ramp will bleed pressure till it's closed so you have to allow for that..

Im gonna guess itll hit 375 ponies.with a 650cfm...an 800-900cfm might wring in some more from 3300 on up. .prolly a super flat torque curve from 2000-5000 in the 350-410 range.
Ill call it a good "inbetween" motor...to bridge the gap between my mild 318 and the 505 or 6.1 gen 3 that comes later.

Just found this on Nicks garage...similar short block..but with my much more modern voo doo cam and eddies...i think ill do 15-20% better numbers.

Auto Transport Service
Back