• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blocks !!!!!!

CRAWDADDY

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
I'm wanting to build a 540 or 572 big block . I saw an article online by hot rod magazine about " THE BLOCK ". Is this the cheapest and easily available block or is there another choice?????

Go with a world block

If inmnot mistaken I think 540 is about as big as you want to go with a factory 440 block

I think the choices right now are World or Indy. KB is a dead end until they get their **** together. Anything MP laying around is more than likely junk and definitely buyer beware.

World has jumped ship and does not make mopar blocks anymore... Indy has a horrible reputation, and MP is hard to find. It really pisses me off that soo many companies make gm and ford blocks... but if any of them made an affordable, strong, and high-quality mopar block at ford/gm prices, I'm sure they'd do really well!

Yeah - pretty much anyone you need to budget and plan for a good shop to completely check the new block and get it ready to run. They usually require some work.

Auto Transport Service
Back