• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower fan 74 Charger - Assistance needed

Lazerwolf

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
Electrical is far from my expertise and can't figure this one out. Took the 74 Charger for a test drive and noticed the blower fan was not working. It was last fall. Quick check found the number 7 fuse blown, which says it's for the heater/AC blower motor. The car originally had AC but is not hooked up under hood. Replacing the fuse resolved only part. What I found was the fan does not work when the temperature control is on defrost. However, it works fine on vent, heat, AC and max AC. Checking some schematics I found on here, I don't see anything specific for a defroster fan circuit or relay. I'm guessing whatever shorted out took out the fuse too, but clueless what it could be. On all the other setting, all three fan speeds work. The switch works, the temperature control works, the vacuum works and the resistor work. What am I missing?

Only thing I can think of is that your switch is losing connection in the defrost position.

Auto Transport Service
Back