• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body Panels needed

VFilms

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I'm currently restoring my 66 Belvedere II and need some advice on where I can get some body panels and ALL the weatherstripping. I just need a RH lower quarter patch panel and the panel that goes between the taillights that tucks in beneath the rear bumper (plz see pic). There are so many distributors I'd like to know I am getting the best part for the best price. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• trunk panel.jpg
    trunk panel.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 237
Have you checked out Auto Metal Direct (AMD) ?
I have just ordered from them.
Great customer service
Great quality, highly respected in the Automotive Field.

I agree Super Bee. Bought new quarter paenels from Year One and the body line down the center was off a half inch from the line on the passenger door. Bought a new AMD quarter and the line up was perfect, plus the gauge of the metal was heavier, and it had a bracket the Year One panel didn't have. Trying to get a return authorization has not been very successful.

Unfortunately, the body panel repop folks haven't caught up with the `66 & `67 as well as the later cars, so you may not find all the panels you seek. Some panels for other cars can fit certain areas with success. I used Sherman body panels ( https://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php ) when restoring my `66. You may be able to find their panels (cheaper) through various wholesale companies as well.

What will help get them to make more panels for `66 & `67 is to contact them and ask for the panels! Without the demand, they have less drive to make the stamp. Good luck with your project!

If your screen is set like mine you'll notice an ad for Classic Industries on the right>
IMHO- They are the best/biggest company out there for our car parts, they give you discounts,etc. And usually AMD panels and other parts are cheaper thru Classic than thru AMD or the mfgs. Very little they don't have for old Mopars. Superb customer service!

Thanks to all. I notice AMD is a little pricier than the others but if the quality is better than it's worth the investment. Again, thanks. Now on to finding weatherstripping.

Don't buy direct from AMD, go through a vendor as it about $100 cheaper for the parts. I just got my AMD full 1/4's and roof.

I agree with Superfreak, I go to jeff@501 restorations and saved a lot of money doing it, He will get you a good deal thru them...

Thank you sir! I should have had it right....

Did you find the lower panel under the trunk? I have the same issue on my 67. photo (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back