• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bore limit?

Tylor, take the block to the machine shop, hopefully experienced in high performance builds. They will measure the cylinders and determine how much overbore is required. Go with the smallest overbore you can. New pistons are required. Piston selection can be complicated depending on piston material & size. If you want a drag motor, you want clean round cylinder bores.
Thank you much. That's what I was needing to know. Whether I needed new piston if I were to bore it out. They some salt in these comments

Thank you much. That's what I was needing to know. Whether I needed new piston if I were to bore it out. They some salt in these comments
nothing against you but, you need to watch some one else put your engine together. it will be a waste of money/ don't let your ego ruin it

just watch video and read about engine building! at least you'll have an idea of what is being done and why! very rare is the person who has the proper measuring tools at home let alone the boring equipment! start saving $$$. the disease is going to get expensive!

One option is if you plan to run the same compression and cam, you can have pistons coated to up to . 020 oversize, but make sure you can get rings that can be file fit. Line2Line coatings wear in to the proper size during a breakin cycle of repeated increases in load and rpm. This process can be a great way to rebuild a motor that will clean up at . 008 or less because at . 005 over file fit ring can still be used and provide enough size to get the end gaps right.

Auto Transport Service
Back