• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson steering box

bcOH67

Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
Looking into doing the upgrade. 67 charger, 383, 727. Everything is stock as far as I know. Mine is leaking so I figured if I’m pulling it might as well look into upgrading. Not for any other reason than I’ve read posts about it and people say it’s good.

Can I just buy the Borgeson steering box and the Bergman no-cut coupler and make it work- or is it not that simple, do I have to buy the whole kit. I don’t race or often drive hard. Just daily cruiser. Or is it not worth doing, just rebuild(?) the one I have if possible

From what I have read on here and other sites do not skimp. Buy the kit. Call Begrman for the right answers.

Where's it leaking?? Either input or output shaft seals can be changed IN the car despite with the FSM states...

I'm sure that most people can understand the desire to save money where you can. By buying the steering box separate from the other stuff, maybe you'll save a little. The kit from Bergman does include the hybrid coupler but also the fittings to allow you to use your stock hoses. I thought that Peter also ported the passages of the steering unit but I'm not sure on that.
Here is my thread on this swap:
Swapping a Borgeson steering box in a 1970 Charger

I've done two of these swaps, both kits came from Bergman Auto Craft. ( BAC )
I like to patronize companies that sponsor this site. I've also used PST suspension.

Last edited:
I would also recommend the kit from Bergman. I have bought two of them. Not only will you get everything needed. But if you have questions or any problems. Just call Peter, his customer service is great. Plus BAC is a vendor on FBBO

Last edited:
I bought the kit, and the no cut coupler, works great. then your steering system is new. Pump, lines everything, clean, done, not to mess with it again.

Thanks guys! I can’t seem to find exactly where it’s leaking from. But either way I think I’ll just do the swap. And it seems like just biting the bullet and getting the complete kit is the way to go. Thanks!

I did the swap with Borgeson box and Bergman coupler kit. It's a completely different car to drive now. I recommend getting the kit and the cooler. The few bucks extra will save you major headaches. I used kerndog's thread on this topic as reference.

Auto Transport Service
Back