• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake line route

johnpblack

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm from the UK. I have a 1969 charger R/T, it's a complete restoration project.
I am now onto the brakes, I am trying to find the correct route for my brake lines.
Does anyone have any pictures?
Thanks.

There are several companies out there that will sell you a complete pre-bent set of lines.

John,
I think all North American Mopar rear brake lines are routed on the drivers side.
In the case on my 71 Runner, from the rear flex line it runs up inside the drivers side rear wheel well.
Brake line routing April 6 (2).jpg

Here it's above the front leaf spring mount.
Brake line routing April 6 (1).jpg

From there it runs under the door sill to the front.
Near the front, it crosses back in towards the engine and runs along the inside of the front frame rail up to the distribution block.
Your Charger's routing should be similar.
Like this.
1711472381861.png

There are several companies out there that will sell you a complete pre-bent set of lines.
The problem I have is that any part I order is from the USA.
I have spent a fortune on shipping and duty fees.
If I can bend it myself to save on cost, I would like to do that.

I see and can agree with your issue. A very good quality flare tool will be a must. I would not even want to think of how angry I would be if after all the bends and it messes up the flare at the end and now it’s too short.
Use the online comp. Ads etc to show where the lines go. Most 69s are similar. From master cylinder one line will drop down to portion valve on frame rail then back along inside of frame rail and Cody to rear axle. Has a flexible connector from hard line to hard line on axle. Right front brake line fits into clips on firewall just above tranny tunnel around and through access panel to wheel.left front drops straight down thru access opening .

I see and can agree with your issue. A very good quality flare tool will be a must. I would not even want to think of how angry I would be if after all the bends and it messes up the flare at the end and now it’s too short.
Use the online comp. Ads etc to show where the lines go. Most 69s are similar. From master cylinder one line will drop down to portion valve on frame rail then back along inside of frame rail and Cody to rear axle. Has a flexible connector from hard line to hard line on axle. Right front brake line fits into clips on firewall just above tranny tunnel around and through access panel to wheel.left front drops straight down thru access opening .
I have a mechanic friend who helps me as often as he can so hopefully he can do the bending better than I can.
Brilliant I appreciate the help, I'll see what I can do but that makes sense now.
Thank you.

Here are a couple from my 68 Charger. May or may not be of use. These are all I could find showing brake lines but if you need a specific pic, let me know and I can take some designated pics.

100_1168.JPG

100_7290.JPG

100_7291.JPG

100_7292.JPG

100_7296.JPG

100_7303.JPG

100_7310.JPG

100_7360.JPG

Hi guys,
I'm from the UK. I have a 1969 charger R/T, it's a complete restoration project.
I am now onto the brakes, I am trying to find the correct route for my brake lines.
Does anyone have any pictures?
Thanks.
All shown in my Bee restoration thread. I'd link you, but I'm still locked out as a spammer over there, even though I have a pinned restoration thead. www.dodgecharger.com Guys discussion section, pinned at the top. 1969 Superbee restoration. Brake and fuel lines would be about Feb/March 2017 or a bit later...

Auto Transport Service
Back