• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Master Cylinder Support Plate - Gasket?

66 Sat

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, starting to put the front of my car back together, part of the restoration I'm attempting. I removed the bracing plate behind the brake master cylinder to paint the engine bay and can't remember if there was a gasket between the plate and the firewall or if it was just metal to metal?
Does anyone know?
Cheers in advance

20161014_150646.jpg 20170107_101557.jpg

Gasket between the plate and firewall.
No gasket between the m/c and plate on manual brakes.
Gasket between booster and plate on power brakes.

Gasket between the plate and firewall.
No gasket between the m/c and plate on manual brakes.
Gasket between booster and plate on power brakes.
Ok thanks. You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the gasket or does it just cover the whole area except the holes obviously? I'll make the gasket myself. Also what is the gasket for - I've dry fit it metal to metal and it fits nicely without the gasket? Thanks

bit of info it's not a paper gasket it's a closed cell foam gasket. pm me your address and I can send you a piece. Anthony

Ah ... so there is one between the plate and m/c also !!!

bit of info it's not a paper gasket it's a closed cell foam gasket. pm me your address and I can send you a piece. Anthony
Thanks for your offer but the postage to Australia is exorbitant. I've got some rubberised cork sheet and will make one that covers all the gaps. Cheers

Auto Transport Service
Back