• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake rotor help needed

jimm69

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
I am working on the brakes on my 69 Roadrunner. Previous owner did what he told me was an E body disc brake conversion. took my rotors off to have them resurfaced. part store told me they are too thin and i need to buy new ones. that is fine but when we looked up the rotors, the rotors on the car are bigger than what the e body rotors claim to be. my rotors are about 11.75" in diameter and the e body rotors claim to be 10.97" in diameter. I looked at the calipers and the casting number is KH84167 A. When I google that number, I get that they come back to an early 70's AMC Javelin. Can anybody help me see what I have so I can purchase rotors?

i just looked up the rotor diameter for that and it is just under 11" as well

Looking at my 1971 FSM. 11.75" diam. brake discs were used on Fury, Chrysler, and Imperial models. 10.97" were used on Satellite and Barracuda models. Of course my FSM is for Chrysler, Imperial, and Plymouth not Dodge. It appears that the 11.75 is for C-Bodies.

I hope this helps.
Jim T.

do you think that the spindles and such are c body? everything seems to work...although car has not yet been out of garage

My bet is that the calliper adapters are the late BBody ones from Cordoba. The adapters bolt right up to the A(73+), E, B(73+), R, F, J and MBody spindles. and let you use the 11.75" disks... I just pulled a pair from a scrapped 77 Cordoba. There may be an outside possibility of yours being from a 73 Cbody but I don't know much about them and they are a one year only deal.

I am in a bind because I just dont know what to buy rotors for? guess i can have the part store order in some c body rotors and compare to what I have

C-body rotors are damn thick!

Auto Transport Service
Back