• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bringing back the slant six

Funny how we started with inline engines 100 years ago, and seem to be headed back that direction

Thank you for the honorable mention @alsant and @Ironbuilt

Here ya go boys!
DSC04122.JPG
DSC04191.JPG
DSC04154.JPG

Gotta say, the only car that I went 7 rounds for the win was my Belvedere with a /6 engine!! It was slower than crap but it was consistent lol. Had a lot of cars that were consistent but just messed up enough to where things didn't come together for the win.

They don't have to be slow but fuel economy decreases with power output to the point it cheaper to just build a V8.

65' Belvedere 2 two door hardtop, six stick. Bought it in the late seventies, we liked it so much we let the 71' Cutlass sit while the Plymouth turned into a daily driver. Just a nice solid car pretty much trouble free.

Could you imagine if they could somehow improve the cylinder head flow like a HEMI and still maintain the durability of the traditional slant six? A 300,000 mile engine that gets 35 mpg? Twin turbo EFI .....Take THAT Eco-Boost !

Could you imagine if they could somehow improve the cylinder head flow like a HEMI and still maintain the durability of the traditional slant six? A 300,000 mile engine that gets 35 mpg? Twin turbo EFI .....Take THAT Eco-Boost !
Twin turbo, EFI, a good exhaust and overdrive it just may not need a hemi head.

The talk about bringing back the slant 6 is confusing. In what way is this new engine related to the leaning tower? Any common parts? Is it even going to be slanted? Am I missing something?
I guess the Chrysler name is the relationship? Really, how is the newer Hemi even related to the old 426 of the muscle car era other than by name? Just marketing............

We (wife) just got a new Ford Edge. 2.7L turbo 6.....and it frickin' moves for what is...315Hp-375lb/ft..24 mpg highway..what were the numbers of my 5.7 hemi again?! 345/345/20!? But I can get 21.5 on the highway if I set the cruise control on 60mph:rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back