• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seat foam specific to 67 GTX

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
Replacing from bucket seat covers in my 67 GTX and decided the foam is probably a little marginal to reuse. In looking on line for replacement foam everyone seems to list 66 and 67 together. But the 67 has 2 listing panels that fasten down through the foam in the middle while the 66 doesn’t. Do they all sell basically 66 foam and expect the installer to slice the foam down the middle for the listing wire and panels to secure? Does anyone sell a true 67 foam cushions product?

Thanks

IMG_20220916_134041782.jpg
20220430_144818.jpg
I got the foam from Legendary for my current restoration. I didn't look at it, I just took the covers and foam to the upholstery guy. He didn't mention any problems.

Replacing from bucket seat covers in my 67 GTX and decided the foam is probably a little marginal to reuse. In looking on line for replacement foam everyone seems to list 66 and 67 together. But the 67 has 2 listing panels that fasten down through the foam in the middle while the 66 doesn’t. Do they all sell basically 66 foam and expect the installer to slice the foam down the middle for the listing wire and panels to secure? Does anyone sell a true 67 foam cushions product?

Thanks
Yes that sounds pretty accurate. You are going to have to make your own slices for the listing wires

Thanks
same foam just cut it .Legendary Auto Interiors has a video on their website on how to install foam and covers on 67 Plymouth B bodys

Thanks. Good to know about the video.

Jerry, those look nice. I think the last guys that did covers on mine cinched the center listing wires directly to the seat springs which pulled the center down to far. Yours look more correct and I’ll probably substitute heavy cotton upholster thread for hog rings for those center panels to avoid pulling down too far. But I’ll look at the video first.

Thanks all

I am about ready to recover my '69 buckets. Just sandblasted and repaint the frames. I have 2 listing wires in the seat and 2 for the back. Watched the video, yes, you need to cut your own listing slots. Been putting this part off, but need to get going on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back