• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C body disc brakes on B body?

Deaken

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
So I bought a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker to rob the engine and tranny out of but it also has front disc brakes... Can I swap them over to my drum brake car? Thanks,

Rather than give you the easy answer, do this. Take a look at your b body setup. Then look at the c body setup. You will get your answer.

Rather than give you the easy answer, do this. Take a look at your b body setup. Then look at the c body setup. You will get your answer.
Sounds like a no it there's a noticeable difference between the two. Lol

Sounds like a no it there's a noticeable difference between the two. Lol
Assuming you're versed in classic mopars, do these look like a b body set up? I have had them stored away for years and don't remember what they were pulled off of. Thanks,

20171018_090500.jpg 20171018_090512.jpg

The Cbody spindles and associated parts are not suitable for an Abody or Bbody however the 1973 Cbody spindles and associated parts are HIGHLY sought by the early Cbody folk for their swaps.

I cant tell from the pictures of the brakes what you have there however if you measure the caliper adapter mounting bolt distance apart and its smaller than the Cbody caliper mounting bolt distance apart, they will most likely be from a 73+ BBody (73-75 as its the pin type brakes and steering arm is not an integrated ball joint as Abodys are)

hope that makes sense but if not let me know and tonight when I get home I can elaborate

Yeah that's a lot of Greek to me but I have a couple of friends that could help me understand it. Unfortunately they're both die hard Ford and the other Chevy guys so I can't pick their brains on Mopar stuff.

oh sorry I didn't get a chance to do this last night...
The caliper adapter mounting is 3 1/4" between bolts and is the same for all A, B, E, F, M, J and Rbodies from 73 to 89 regardless of the 10.89 or 11.75 disks or pin vs slider

I don't have a 73 Cbody set to take a picture of or measure at the moment but I know the bolt distance is larger but don't know by how much

IMG_4182.JPG
IMG_4183.JPG

Just replaced the drum setup on the front of my 66 charger with spindles and rotors/calipers from a 88 Chrysler 5th ave rear drive.
Overall height difference in the spindle was 1/4 inch shorter. I used the same brake hoses, and a dual master cylinder from a 1969 b-body bolted up to my power brake booster. I used the proportioning valve off the 5th and made new lines. I had to be carefull to shorten the push-rod in the booster, but over all I can make multiple with no fade at all.
Much more enjoyable to drive.

Good to know guys, can I use the booster off of the new Yorker or? Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never mixed parts from other vehicles before.

I think as long as it physically fits, it should work as any other.

I have seen the small Kcar brake boosters (with the aluminum master) used when sticking an RB (440) into an Abody.

Auto Transport Service
Back