• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cages, Roll Bars and Insurance

just went to finalize my policy because car will be done next week and grundy denied my policy because 2 years ago i rolled my pickup "not at fault accident on private property" never reported to cops even and they denied it because the insurance company paid the claim, hope to god hagerty doent deny me too, then whats a guy to do?

Do you have any other infractions? I'm pretty sure the classic insurance denies with any 2 infractions or any accident claim.

I local guy I know built a wicked Nova and had a roll bar in it. He couldn't get insurance so he ended up cutting it out :thatswck:

Not surprised! Seems like a lost cause around here and I know several people coming to the end of long builds that were are Pro-Street.

Hard to say Jakepup, I didn't realize until my girlfriends insurance that they treat insurance claims separately and hold onto them for 5 years. Where I am tickets come off every 3 years and I can never beat that cycle without getting more tickets so Classic insurance has never been an option for me.

Going to have to roll the dice with Hagerty. Is it safe to assume you have a daily insured with someone?

Hard to say Jakepup, I didn't realize until my girlfriends insurance that they treat insurance claims separately and hold onto them for 5 years. Where I am tickets come off every 3 years and I can never beat that cycle without getting more tickets so Classic insurance has never been an option for me.

Going to have to roll the dice with Hagerty. Is it safe to assume you have a daily insured with someone?

yea I actually called my normal insurance provider but I know there not going to give me an agreed value policy of even half of what the car is worth. that was the first speeding ticket I have ever gotten in my life lol, it should be off my record by end of the summer but im sure with a 850hp charger in my garage things will change substantially in the near future ;).

I would never tell them it had 850hp. How would they be able to know it was over 400hp?, The ole portable insurance co. dyno? Even if the engine is 850hp, you could have a block of wood under the throttle pedal or something nicer that only lets it have 1/4 throttle and is easily removed, for track racing only. When I was 14 years old I got new Honda 100 insured with State Farm, only because it had a throttle block installed at the dealership which was suppose to make it 5hp,. How did it run with the block? Don't know, took it off before I ever cranked it. Lol... And if they don't like roll bars, bolt one in when you go racing, and remove your throttle block ., How could they have a problem with that? My "NHRA legal" 10pt roll bar bolts-in in about 20 mins.

Last edited:
yea I actually called my normal insurance provider but I know there not going to give me an agreed value policy of even half of what the car is worth.

My Hagerty rep asked me what I wanted the value my car to be insured for. And he said that the insured value amount will go up something like 15% every 3 months from now on. I think you can insure a wrecked beater for 500k if you pay their price..

just went to finalize my policy because car will be done next week and grundy denied my policy because 2 years ago i rolled my pickup "not at fault accident on private property" never reported to cops even and they denied it because the insurance company paid the claim, hope to god hagerty doent deny me too, then whats a guy to do?

Try Heacock. As posted above, I have a caged, tubbed car and they don't care.

Try Heacock. As posted above, I have a caged, tubbed car and they don't care.

going to try heackock this morning, hagerty denied me due to the 800 hp aspect, apparently 700 or less is the magic number, guess that's what you get for being honest! from now on its a 600 hp car

I told my insurance company that I belong to several car clubs that have club meeting at the dragstrip. They allow us to make time runs for the contest to see who's car is the fastest. Now,in order to participate,the track requires certain SAFTEY equipment which includes a rollcage and special seat belts as a safety rule.
I am not a competeter,,,,,,I'm an exibitionist:headbang:

just seems crazy to me that even at $1400 per year they wont insure me, like the Daytona kid said, insurance should always be an option, you just might have to pay "ALOT" for it!! I can see with a really sketchy driving record they might not but mine aint that sketchy IMO.
will keep you posted on who finally gets it done

looks like heacock is going to get it done for me "fingers crossed". quoted me $587 per year and then after they saw my accident and I filled out the modified vehicle worksheet it came out to $747 per year, don't know why but after filling out the modified vehicle worksheet she came back and said its actually "modified plus" whatever that means, kinda suprising being im not tubbed, all steel, "stock interior" ect.. so either the roll bar or engine made it modified plus instead of just modified. i'm not complaining I guess being someone will at least insure it. crossing my fingers anyways, still don't have the policy in hand.

Always quote the factory rating on the engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know where your coming from, id just love to see the look on the adjusters face if there ever had to be a quote when they see its rated at 375 hp and they see this lol, could come back to bite a guy someday couldn't it?

View attachment 305042

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I meant claim

That blowers all for show isn't it? Everyone knows that! lol

Auto Transport Service
Back