• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camping in the Upper Peninsula and Tahquamenon Falls

BigBlock61

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Just spent the weekend camping in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in about 12 inches of snow and 40 degree weather! Mt girl and me had a great time up there. We went to see the Tehquamenon Falls near Whitefish Bay. There were ice flows on the sides of the cliffs from runoff as well as ice in the river itself. I so didn't want to come back to the real world lol. Drank lots of beer and ate a few steaks. Heard some Elk in the distance one morning but never saw any wild animals except for the red squirrels that were running around everywhere. I so want to go back there again. I've lived in Michigan for most of my life and have been to most states including Alaska but had never been to the U.P. till this weekend. Here are some videos of crossing the Mackinac Bridge to the U.P. and the Upper Falls. Facebook sucks so I'm putting them on YouTube and changing the links.

This first video is of us crossing the Mackinac Bridge to the U.P. I'm from Michigan and have been all over the United States and even been to Alaska. I've never been to the U.P. in my own back yard till this past weekeknd lol. I had one Camera mounted to the top of the truck for the forward view and one inside to get a side view.

This Video is of the Upper Tahquamenon Falls. There is ice on the sides of the cliffs from runoff that was really cool.

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time hunting in the UP over the years, beautiful country. Really love it up there but usually went in September and October when the weather was much warmer than what you experienced. But then you had that "girl" with you to help keep you warm! :thumbsup:

Great place, that "Uper" country. You will have to cross the Big Mac again in June and go to the big car show in St. Ignace. BTW, 6-10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow in mid to upper MI. Not spring yet!

Great place, that "Uper" country. You will have to cross the Big Mac again in June and go to the big car show in St. Ignace. BTW, 6-10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow in mid to upper MI. Not spring yet!

That sounds like a plan!

"Video Unavailable
This video may no longer exist, or you don't have permission to view it."

Hey, what's the deal-e-o????

Upper Michigan is beautiful, year-round. Actually, only SE Michigan is ugly. Too many people.

Just watch out for the black flies!

"Video Unavailable
This video may no longer exist, or you don't have permission to view it."

Hey, what's the deal-e-o????
Click on watch on Facebook. For some reason Facebook won't let me just connect my videos somewhere else.

Facebook? I aint got time for that nonsense! The nonsense here is all I can handle.

Very nice, but is that root beer colored water the source for that nasty drinking water that rots pipes and kills people?
That is Tanic Acid from rotting trees in the area like spruce and hemlock. it turns the water brown.

Auto Transport Service
Back