• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camshafts & Heads

Ed Price Jr

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
I have a 440 HP in my R/T. It has Stage III Max Wedge Heads on it With A .590 inch lift Solid Lifter Camshaft. I'm thinking about decamming it to make it more streetable. My question is, is it possible to get these heads to accept a Hydraulic Roller setup without having to modify the heads?

What do the heads have to do with fitting your new cam/lifters/push rods?

Yes, depending on your springs usually a solid FT and a hyd roller will use similar or the same springs. Guessing the guides have been trimmed if your running a .590. If you go with more lift though it ls always a good idea to check the retainer/guide clearance.

get the correct retainer to guide clearance, correct springs and go for it. keep in mind that roller camshaft have to have the proper end play set up.

I re-read the op’s first post and I totally misunderstood what he was asking.

Yes, depending on your springs usually a solid FT and a hyd roller will use similar or the same springs. Guessing the guides have been trimmed if your running a .590. If you go with more lift though it ls always a good idea to check the retainer/guide clearance.
Thanks for the response. Still have quite a bit of work to do to the old car. Getting some work done under it. ( i.e. Torque boxes, Frame Connectors & Torsion Bar Cross Member)

Auto Transport Service
Back