• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone tell me how to confirm if a Superbird rear window trip is an OEM set or reproduction?

Wing It

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
I own a Superbird that currently has an AMD rear window trim set on it. I found someone who is selling an original set. Does anyone know how to confirm that it is original? The seller is far away and I am only able to see pictures so far. Any help is appreciated!

Usually reproduction trim is thinner than the original. I really think there is a reliable way to tell, as there is no numbers or pentastar on these pieces.

Usually reproduction trim is thinner than the original. I really think there is a reliable way to tell, as there is no numbers or pentastar on these pieces.
is the thickness difference measurable with a micrometer? or by weight?

It may be able to be measured by weight and thickness. Mine is original so this is something that I'm not sure about. Does the trim you have fit the car? Is there any difference in the shine compared to other trim? These are the things I would be looking for.

Can you give a review of your AMD trim? How does it fit and look? Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back