• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can You Afford To Live in Mexico? (video)

I think Mexico is migrating to here.

I had a friend that was an artist, he was mexican and lived in San Francisco and Mexico. He owned a villa in Mexico and told me, it's his, till it's not. That was 35 years ago. Family member has a shipping business in Mexico City. She came back for fear of her kids being kidnapped for ransom. I live 30 miles from St. Louis and so does she and she feels safer. Move there, I don't think so...

I have no desire to move to a place that gives you diarrhea when you drink the water. Have some friends that wound up in the hospital from food poisoning shortly after returning from a trip to Mexico, and as mentioned another friend who has a place leased, and one day the owner just said you are out, they sold the property, neighbor threatened to sue and his boat mysteriously burnt at the dock, police did nothing. seems to me as much money as tourism and American jobs have funneled to Mexico they could at least fix the water and food supply.

I live approx. 50 miles from the Mexico border, and have no desire to cross to visit let alone move there.

I have no desire to move to a place that gives you diarrhea when you drink the water. Have some friends that wound up in the hospital from food poisoning shortly after returning from a trip to Mexico, and as mentioned another friend who has a place leased, and one day the owner just said you are out, they sold the property, neighbor threatened to sue and his boat mysteriously burnt at the dock, police did nothing. seems to me as much money as tourism and American jobs have funneled to Mexico they could at least fix the water and food supply.

IMG_1119.png

If I wanted to move somewhere like Mexico that is teaming with gangs, cartels, high crime rates, roads full of crazy drivers, and cops/courts who won't do anything about any of that, along with a leftist government, and most everyone not speaking English, I can save myself the trouble of moving, and just stay living here near Chicago!

Last edited:
Mexico??? Been there...Nuevo Laredo...and had a Federali put a gun to my head for being too loud at laughing with my friends when we visited there while walking down the street. after some beverages in the evening. Scared the ever-lovin' crap outta me!!! That was the last time I stepped into that country. Mexico has been the proverbial boil on our asses for way too long. They have caused problems since we became a nation so why in the hell would anyone want to visit or live there? So no FOOKING way would I want to live there...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I also live close to the Mexican border - about 80 miles. Used to go there often, before I lived in CA and since I’ve lived here. Had given thought to not moving there, but owning or having one of those 50 yr land lease deals and use as a second home. I used to drive down the Baja, not all the way to Cabo but 3/4s of the way, stopping and hanging around some of the smaller Oceanside towns just being a beach bum for a week or two. Cabo, Matzatlan, Cozumel etc for scuba diving, nightlife and just enjoying the people and laid back vibe. I stopped going probably 20 years ago because of the clear uncertainty, violence, cartels governing the country etc. The location convenience was no longer worth it.

I’ve always been a bit saddened by that because I loved the friendly people who are mostly trapped w/I all that mess. I’m sure most of the businesses are paying for “protection” and families of any means always have the worry of their kids being ransomed. Tourists are also seen as soft targets for ransom amd violence if any authorities start getting uppity and try to actually do anything meaningful to the cartels. Another beautiful country taken over by corruption, extortion, violence and drugs. Unfortunately it’s not likely I’ll ever go back again - There are many other places in the world to experience you just have to travel a bit further to get there. Mexico was great while it lasted…..

I love Mexico. We own a place there, been going twice a year for about a decade. Love the food and the people. It has gotten much more expensive in the last few years but I live in the freakin’ arctic where everything is more expensive.

We spend a few months there every year but yes, they are pricing themselves out of the tourist market. If meals and lodging are going to cost as much as say Australia, well then I'll spend a few bucks extra on airfare and go to Australia.
Mexican service used to be great, not any more. I also had incidents with a few Mexican cab drivers this year and quite a few not so hot meals.
No rush to go back now.

We spend a few months there every year but yes, they are pricing themselves out of the tourist market. If meals and lodging are going to cost as much as say Australia, well then I'll spend a few bucks extra on airfare and go to Australia.
Mexican service used to be great, not any more. I also had incidents with a few Mexican cab drivers this year and quite a few not so hot meals.
No rush to go back now.
This inflation issue is a worldwide epidemic. I don’t know if we caused it or why and what for. My wife and I just got back from a 4 country trip to Africa. You'd think it would be inexpensive there - not even close. My wife is from Saigon - pre-meeting her and after I’d been there many times. It used to be ridiculously cheap. Not any more. The cost of goods and services has skyrocketed. Then here in my “forced home” of “The People’s Republic” - they raised the minimum wage to $15 p hr just recently. Now almost overnight they switched gears into overdrive and raised it to $20 p hr. What effect do you think that’s going to have on our already ridiculously overpriced eco zone. And now you can’t go anywhere for anything and there is a shameless demand for a tip. For ANYTHING! WTF??

My tip giving has reduced - not increased. And whomever is expecting one from me better damn well have done something beyond to get it. I could go on but …… No I can’t ….

Auto Transport Service
Back