• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car theft (albeit temporary) or just a prank? What say you?

You can get some that you can watch from anywhere via internet. Setting them up properly to do so can be a pain in the ***, but can be done (easily for someone who does it for a living). Stay away from the wireless ones. They are convenient, but not secure.

The story from Mr. Fence does not explain the oil all over the engine compartment and the other evidence. I'd remind him of the facts, and that you deal better with facts than BS.

Theft is theft, whether they took it and brought it back or took it and the police brought it back. Seems pretty cut and dry from my chair.

But since no one seems to care, I would let it go while you quietly go about your business, but setting up something to catch these clowns in the act. Not today, not next week. But it should be coming. Show that indisputable evidence to Mr. Fence and the property manager. Then the cops.

It's a good thing you weren't in the middle of a gear/tranny or oil change and had the fluids out of the vehicles and tried to drive it. That would have really sucked. Sounds like you have to deal with some real losers.

I'd be careful about escalation. You wouldn't want any vehicles getting trashed when you are not around.

An escalation is exactly what I don't need! I'm playing it cool but firm. Not taking any crap and "I'm on to them" sort of thing. I have no phone or internet connection up there but I will look at some basic stand alone camera systems. Thanks to those that posted camera recommendations!

A wise old man once told me "Son, the more you wrestle with s*** the sooner you smell like it"- hard to understand at the time but makes more and more sense. I know how it feels getting ripped off-screwed over, but ever notice how life takes it back from them...just glad for your sake nothing badly damaged or anyone hurt.

A wise old man once told me "Son, the more you wrestle with s*** the sooner you smell like it."

Never heard that one before... but I like it. I'm taking it, but with one minor change. "It" will be replaced with "s***".

With no internet connection, that makes a bit of a challenge. No AT&T or Dish?

Speaking of skunk.... you wouldn't be blamed for it, but you could sit back and giggle. Hit a hunting supply store, grab a bottle of skunk scent and pour it out where they like to gather. VERY intense odor, but you may have to refresh it every now and then. Just watch em gag and run. For a more specific application, poured along the base of a windshield will result in it being sucked into the car with AC or heat

Never heard that one before... but I like it. I'm taking it, but with one minor change. "It" will be replaced with "s***".

With no internet connection, that makes a bit of a challenge. No AT&T or Dish?

I can get a phone line or dish but I lived without it for so long I learned to deal with it. Believe me it's nice to disappear from the world every now and then! If I can get a booster my cell phone would work.

You should get a phone lne up there just for emergencies. Also, start calling us guys over during any weekends they're there. I'll be sure to bring the AR-15 and Shotgun and just start advertising it. With the rest of the guys with their arsenal and a little advertising, I think they'll get the picture that all your friends are just plain crazy, gun tootin, a##holes and they better not f*&k with you or your stuff. Suburbia types like them don't know who their messing with!

Oh, BTW, any hits on the Ranchero? You still have some parts at my shop for that still...
Stay in touch if you need the backup! The force is just around the corner!

You should get a phone lne up there just for emergencies. Also, start calling us guys over during any weekends they're there. I'll be sure to bring the AR-15 and Shotgun and just start advertising it. With the rest of the guys with their arsenal and a little advertising, I think they'll get the picture that all your friends are just plain crazy, gun tootin, a##holes and they better not f*&k with you or your stuff. Suburbia types like them don't know who their messing with!

Oh, BTW, any hits on the Ranchero? You still have some parts at my shop for that still...
Stay in touch if you need the backup! The force is just around the corner!

But my friends ARE all crazy gun totin' aholes!!!

I haven't been trying too hard to push the Ranchero. Still need to get the GT hood painted and put on but once that's done it might go on evilbay.

Maybe we can start joy riding their trucks! See if we can do some burnouts or donuts.
also, maybe I'll get some Hells Angels calling cards and start leaving them in their trucks~!

So what do I do at this point? Suck it up and get over it.......!

If this is an isolated incident then "sucking it up and getting over it " might be the best choice. No harm...no foul.
You might concider taking purcausions ... like taking the keys and locking up before leaving in the future. Then if something happens you'll have good reason to take action.

A large handwritten sign that reads "Before you trespass, understand I'm not afraid of returning to prison" might (just might) help.[/B]

I'd have a police report written up. That way it is on paper that something is happening "in da hood".

An alarm.... ADT cost's about $88 for a quarter year and they usually do the install for free.

A dog is mans best friend.

I have had a situation where I'd love to bust somebody up and I know who it is but I am refraining from doing so because it is almost like being a school kid. "he who HITS last, GETS CAUGHT"!

Auto Transport Service
Back