• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger or Camaro?

70ChargerRT

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
This got me banned from a few Cuda groups on Fakebook. Why does everyone have such thin skin lol? I was just having fun and then they started slamming the Chargers so I told them all a 71 Cuda was is a Camaro with a 68 New Yorker front end lol. Then the 71 Cuda Gods came down on me pretty hard. Ban, ban, ban lol.

EF7B6217-5943-4EAC-8B73-6F88911B30E0.jpeg

6B3E2CD2-6A48-4D23-AED8-FEC2AA5F5785.jpeg

I'm more troubled the OP goes to Facebook. :p

No Camaro ever looked this good.

image.jpg

AMC had a great-looking offering in 1970/71, but only made five of these. Looks better than a Camaro.

AMC-AMX-3-67632.jpg

Last edited:
plus there's 2 bazillion of them there camaro's
Yeah, for years we joked that they made 69 Camaros all the way up until 82. But then Dynacorn started making brand new 69 Camaro bodies all over again. Then it was no longer funny. In truth, the 69 Camaro model year was extended through November 69 because the tooling for the new 70 Camaros wasn't ready for production. That means the 1969 Camaros (and Firebirds) had a sixteen month long production run, compared to the usual eleven month production run. Normally production was shut down in July to change the tooling for the new model year. But in the Camaro's case, it was December 69 when the production stopped to change over the tooling for the 70 models. VINs on those built during those additional five months identify those cars as 69 models, though there are stories of some dealers submitting titles for some of those cars as 70 models. Some may still be incorrectly titled as 70 models. Some early factory literature (see license plate in photo) incorrectly promoted these late production 69's as 1970 models which may have contributed to the errors at the dealer level.
So its interesting to note, that for the first several months of the 70 model year, the new E-body Cudas and Challengers, were competing against the carry over 69 Camaros and Firebirds, not the all new for 70 Camaros and Firebirds which weren't available till January 70 (probably late January at most dealers).
1710038053430.png

Last edited:
Weren't the overgrown crop of 69 Camaros because of the strike at GM?
I've always heard the joke that "there were more '69 Z28's then the what the factory made".

I thought the original question was which one would you stand by laughing at when it caught fire.

Camaro of course. :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back