• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger or Camaro?

I don't care what a person collects, builds or drives, as long as they're happy. I've had a few of all of them and it's a cult thing. They ran the Camaro and Firebird into November 1969, due to labor and tooling problem. I think the 69 Pontiac Trans Am convertible is one sweet ride and hard to find. The reason I don't own one is, I'd use it up and that would piss a few people off. I don't do, look what I have, but don't use. I did that a few times, with a few things and I'm not into dick measuring contests that prove nothing. I can drive whatever I want, if I want, that's even better.
1710072144069.png

The reason I bought my Coronet was simple, I liked it as soon as I walked up on it and it had A/C. Theresa and I run this Coronet and as she likes to say, the only thing a car with no A/C can do for her is, take her to one that does. LOL. We're out running, hot or cold all year, as long as the roads are CLEAN, it stays a constant temp inside. It's a car you can still find and buy, but I have never seen another one anywhere near me. Some may find it to be an odd car, but I'm odd too, I like it that way. .............. So, drive what you brought and enjoy, the rest, be damned.

I like Camaros.. I like Firebirds... I like Chevelles, I like GTO's.... I like Novas, and Mustangs... And Torinos... I like most every vintage car...

And, apparently I own a Charger... Probably ten years ago a friend who's a professional photographer took this picture & photoshopped it as a gift to me... Didn't have the heart to correct him.... :rofl:

View attachment 1625011
Maybe your friend consulted with Hot Wheels as to what model your car is.

IMG_5585.jpeg

I like the boob. There will be no pictures nor inclination to pursue the sausage.

I don't care what a person collects, builds or drives, as long as they're happy. I've had a few of all of them and it's a cult thing. They ran the Camaro and Firebird into November 1969, due to labor and tooling problem. I think the 69 Pontiac Trans Am convertible is one sweet ride and hard to find. The reason I don't own one is, I'd use it up and that would piss a few people off. I don't do, look what I have, but don't use. I did that a few times, with a few things and I'm not into dick measuring contests that prove nothing. I can drive whatever I want, if I want, that's even better.
View attachment 1625079
The reason I bought my Coronet was simple, I liked it as soon as I walked up on it and it had A/C. Theresa and I run this Coronet and as she likes to say, the only thing a car with no A/C can do for her is, take her to one that does. LOL. We're out running, hot or cold all year, as long as the roads are CLEAN, it stays a constant temp inside. It's a car you can still find and buy, but I have never seen another one anywhere near me. Some may find it to be an odd car, but I'm odd too, I like it that way. .............. So, drive what you brought and enjoy, the rest, be damned.
Way back when, (1974) I pedaled my bike past one of those 1969 Trans-Am convertibles every day when going to school. It was just someone's daily driver, sitting in the rain on the street. A few years later I saw it in the Buy&Sell for $6,000. Then it showed up in a car show in the early 80's with a banner proclaiming how rare it was (only eight ever made). Now they're a million bucks or more.

I like the boob. There will be no pictures nor inclination to pursue the sausage.
Had a late one helping a youngster make his camper truck an 11 sec machine.. and saw something about camaros lol...
Not doubting your commitment to fit and athletic by any means :thumbsup:
20240310_144424.jpg

Not sure this counts because I’m a Charger/B body guy and never owned a first gen Camaro or Firebird. That said from a cost perspective I would have been able to buy a very nice running Camaro for what I paid for my running (but rusty) 4 speed Charger 500. My first car was a ‘67 Catalina so always wanted a gold ‘67 Firebird to relive those days.

BUT I have owned both a 2013 Camaro V6 6 speed and currently own a 2014 Challenger 5.7 6 speed. Camaro was a better car in my book…. Hate to say it. But Challenger can seat 5 (I have 4 kids) and Camaro sits 4.

The recent Daytona 500 winning car is supposed to be a Camaro, or at least that’s what it said on the fake rear bumper. :rolleyes:

IMG_0067.jpeg

Maybe your friend consulted with Hot Wheels as to what model your car is.

View attachment 1625091
it says 70 Dodge Charger for the 70 T/A Challenger too :poke:
at least they got the Firebird part correct, even if it's a TransAm

:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 1st love was a MoPar, seeing AA/FA powered by Hemi's in the mid sixtys
my 1st real introduction (Nov. 1967) as an 8 y/o kid
it was 1968 Plymouth Sport Satellite 383 4 speed,
dealer installed 3.91:1 sure-grip & 15" polished slots/Uniroyal white letter 60 tires
in GG1 & white
my Mom's 1st brand new ordered car, I finally owned it in 1979

My 1st MoPar was the day before I turned 15 y/o, in July 1974
my 1st 68 Charger R/T GG1/Black
owned 13 RRs since & '11 more' gen 2 Chargers since too

68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #4 PS frt.JPG

I like TransAm's, had quite a few 2nd 3rd & 4th gens
a couple nice street cars, but most were racecars, really swoopy/areo
I would love to own a 1st gen 69 T/A, almost unobtanium now, like the 71 'cuda
I like Camaros, (except the newest generation) had quite a few 1st 2nd & 3rd gens
most were z28s, RS & RS/SS or all out racecars,
when MoPar offered not much in the neighborhood of performance products
that weren't 'extortion levels of costs' for inferior parts
especially when you're on a serious budget...
I went in the 7's with about $10k with a BBC in a 67 Camaro
you can't or never could do that ever with a MoPar, even back then in my era...
Budnicks 67 Camaro 8.98 @ Sacramento early 1980's (brightened up a tad).png

went into the 6.69 @ 217 range in one 89 IROC too'
& 8.90s in a 71 with a 321cid Donavon SBC
Budnicks 89 Camaro Z28 Outlaw Pro-Stock & 71 Camaro SS 301ci Donovon Super-Comp Alaska 1980's.JPG

or the 92 T/A Outlaw P/S
& NHRA-IHRA T/S Car
Budnicks 92 Trans Am 540ci N20 Outlaw Pro-Stock Sac. Raceway early 90's.JPG

or Fords
49 Tudor Buss. Coupe 8.50 Pro-gas,
I never saw a MoPar in that class that could run the #, 'more that once'
& you had to be able to go well under & bail at the stripe to actually win any races
I had a couple different BBC's or MASTADON Blown Inj. Hemi Powered, dipped into the 7.80's @ over 180+
Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #7 Hilborn Hat & tunnel-ram.JPG

or the 23 Ford on a BB/FC chassis
GM MkIV 427cid powered, into the 6.90s @ 190
Budnicks 23 T Ford 427ci BBC Alky Inj Altered A-A Sac Raceways.jpg

there's good & bad in a few brands
I like Buicks too, GS's especially
I like Olds too, 64-65 & 69-71 442's
I don't have or wear blinders, like some do...

71 Olds 442 W30 10.90 S/ST car, could run low 10's,
in Alaska not exactly a performance hub
Budnicks 71 Olds 442 SST.JPG

I'm an equal opportunity gearhead
you don't have to only like 1 brand, to love another
the worst thing is narrow minded people

Don't get me wrong I love Ma-MoPars, my true love
I'm just not stupid...

Now;
Lets talk about trucks, I love Power Wagons/Power Rams,
no GM or Ford or Jap stuff can compare
& I like a few Jeeps & Toyotas, had a few 4x4s of them...

I love MoPars, I'm just not only, a MoPar or no car person...

Last edited:
We have a '69 Charger, a '71 Challenger and a '71 Charger. The POS '81 Camaro BumbleBee gets the most love. Mostly from non-car people.

Auto Transport Service
Back