• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheaper to get a salvage car?

I'd rummage craigslist if you're still looking for one. I picked up a 68 charger for less than 1000. I was able to get the dash, ac setup, various sheet metal and a few little things here and there. Other than that, it was a hunk of scrap, but it had less rust than my rr. It just about finished up the list of needed things for my roadrunner.

thanks for all the replies so far!

5-8K..... this is not good news haha. where do you get these crash cars 747mopar? And where should I start shopping for an engine trans combo?

I go through local salvage yards, I go to the insurance auction website and let them know if I see something I like. I give them the amount I'm willing to pay and they bid on it.

I have a buddy that had a 6.4 and a six speed for sale. He sold the six speed already. Depending on how many miles on the salvage......and how much of the stuff you intend on re-using salvaging a vehicle almost never works in your favor. Especially when you figure you will have to rebuild a high mileage motor which is very expensive

Auto Transport Service
Back