• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choke wiring

Basoline

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Ok, I have this Edelbrock Carb with electical choke which I still have to connect. What are the best spots to get me a + and some earth? I'm already using my + wire from the alternator for my electric fan.

Thanks for your advice!

Ok, I have this Edelbrock Carb with electical choke which I still have to connect. What are the best spots to get me a + and some earth? I'm already using my + wire from the alternator for my electric fan.

Thanks for your advice!

I ground to the fire wall.

And where to get the [+] wire? The nearest point is the [+] from the alternator but is already in use by the electric fan. Isn't that too much?

And where to get the [+] wire? The nearest point is the [+] from the alternator but is already in use by the electric fan. Isn't that too much?

should be really easy to find a + that close to the firewall, pull out a wiring diagram, find a + , and then go look under the hood and find the actual locations of the wires. and see what you have to work with.

No: alternator -> switch -> relay -> fan.

What I mean...it's getting kinda busy at the alternator and it has to be a constant [+]/12V in order to get the choke to work.

sneek up on it from behind coming off the relay by the bulkhead connecter and ground to a carb stud as long as your battery is grounded to the block

Couldn't you connect the + to the hot side of the ballast resistor? I grounded mine to the closest carb mounting stud.

Believe there's not enough voltage on that side of the balance resistor...(need 12V). Not sure though...

There's 12 volts on one side and the resistor drops the voltage going to the coil from the other side.

As long as the starter is working, the block is grounded OK.

Auto Transport Service
Back