• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chopping Wood

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
tumblr_ogfmvk1td11v1fssvo1_400.gif

I needed this Years ago....​

Depends on the wood.
Let's see them split some Burr Oak like that

I've heard it said that firewood warms you twice, but my experience is that it's more like 4-5 times. More if you sell & deliver it!

Why would you split wood I don't understand the concept ?
I've lived in FL. Most of my life I e never had the need to do that . Maybe I'll give it a try !

Our neighbor down the road, Blue Ledge Farm, has machine that runs off the PTO of his tractor that has a dual hub splitter thing on it. It gets pushed through the first hub that splits it into good sized chunks and then gets funneled into the 2nd one that splits it into kindling. the 2nd hub is removable. He goes out into his woodlot and cuts timber down and into 20 inch chunks and loads those into a big trailer. he then parks that trailer in front of the wood shed and the machine next to it in the doorway. His two teenagers stack the outflow as he loads and runs the machine. Teamwork. He heats his home and parts of his goat cheese operation with wood.

We don’t do wood splitting here in CA - that’s for the hired help...... Or I mean we’re just to lazy

I've lived in FL. Most of my life I e never had the need to do that . Maybe I'll give it a try !
I'd be more than happy to let you visit and give it a whirl, lot's of fun!

I'd be more than happy to let you visit and give it a whirl, lot's of fun!

I never shovelled snow ether that might be fun too! But here I want to see half naked girls I go 15-25 mins down the street and there's boobys everywhere I don't think that is the case up there ! But I do hate the beach it's so freaking hot ! And only the huge fat lady s ever loose there tops ! The hot skinny girls never ever loose there tops even if you wish and wish it never happens,atleast till you take matters to your own hands and bust out the scissors and cut the bottom s first then the top 99% of the time you get full blown titty s and she won't slap you ether! Her hands are firmly placed over her bottom holes !
Well let's do this we can switch I'll chop wood and shovel snow you come install and uninstall my hurricane shutters then shoow a gator out of your pool or garage! We sent talking a little ol 5 footer ether freaking Godzilla s offspring 11-12 sometimes I've had to poke a 15+ footer with the stick! But on the better side when there bigger they are slower the ones you got to watch are the 7-9 footers those little pricks are quick and have a bad attitude! I lost a few sticks with one of them! Is it sad that FL. Police have to have special gator training to remove gators! Bet that's not on most job applications! I've learned to gators love the taste of democrats! Why? Most can't defend themselves! And black people can walk on water when a gator is involved I've seen some stuff!
Oh and don't be cheap on bullets if you shoot one make sure it's dead before you load it in your truck when you get home your going to have a pissed off gator and if you miss to try shooting him you are going to hit your truck! Seen that too!

So yeah sounds like a straight deal let me know

Why would you need to split wood if it’s already split small enough to use?

That’s only good to make toothpicks.

You split wood to make big pieces into little pieces so they fit thru the door of the woodstove. It also helps the wood dry out.

That rinky dink thing in the pic is for sissies...

I heat my shop with a turn of the century coal stove. It work for wood too.

My tools for splitting are: a flat low cut log to use for setting the others on, had the same one for 20 years, a splitting maul, several smaller axes, several splitting wedges and an 8lb sledgehammer.

I use trees that I fell from various properties, oak, ash, walnut, elm and mulberry are the main varieties.

Auto Transport Service
Back