• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome In A Can?

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Almost.

In the past, these have all sucked and been nowhere near chrome, but I tried this one on whim and it's pretty decent.
A good product for budget projects. I did some arm rest bases and at a glance most people I doubt will even notice.

IMG_3762.jpg

If this is the stuff that sprays on kind of milky, but then flashes off to shiny, mirror-like silver, then it seems reasonably decent from what I've seen. Haven't had a chance to use it, myself.

No it comes out glossy silver, but the real shine comes on after it starts to level and set. It's still not chrome, but pretty impressive for one-coat paint.

Almost.

In the past, these have all sucked and been nowhere near chrome, but I tried this one on whim and it's pretty decent.
A good product for budget projects. I did some arm rest bases and at a glance most people I doubt will even notice.

View attachment 1659390
Pictures of said armrest bases please?

I just want to know who coats their can caps???
Exactly what I've thought for yrs! I've got some bumpers to get around too. I need to find someone with that water hose chrome stuff that I saw Jay Leno had on one of his shows.

I use this for tail light housings. It's OK but not like the cap shows.

IMG_1452 (2023_07_24 11_00_11 UTC).JPG

I've heard this stuff works well for interior pieces...

VHT Specialty products 'Plate Finish', 'shiny plated appearance'
has/or had one metallic chrome finish, chrome paint
I used it on a couple fiberglass bumpers, I still have 3 full cans
& I used it with 'black chrome' metallic clear translucent paint over it
(don't remember the name/brand of the black chrome paint was)

VHT Chrome Plate Finish Paint 001.JPG

VHT Chrome Plate Finish Paint 002.JPG

VHT Chrome Plate Finish Paint 004.JPG

VHT Chrome Plate Finish Paint 006.JPG

VHT Chrome Plate Finish Paint 005.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back