• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Fire Power question

Larry Chilese

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
I ran across these [2] Chrysler Engines in a storage shed-too dark to really get any numbers-but I was thinking they are 1956 ish. The one not painted John Deere Green had its bellhousing and manual transmission attached. The Owner said they came with the estate he purchased, lot, house and shed. I did not have enought time to really look them over as I was picking up an old Harley that was there as well. Owner did not know if they were loose and did not try to turn them. They both had a single Carter WCFB. Assuming they are not cracked and are loose any idea if they have any value. I am just guessing they are 354 cu in.

CHRYSLER FIRE POWER 1.jpg

CHRYSLER FIRE POWER 2.jpg

Complete I would guess 1,500.00 to 2,000.00 each.

I ran across these [2] Chrysler Engines in a storage shed-too dark to really get any numbers-but I was thinking they are 1956 ish. The one not painted John Deere Green had its bellhousing and manual transmission attached. The Owner said they came with the estate he purchased, lot, house and shed. I did not have enought time to really look them over as I was picking up an old Harley that was there as well. Owner did not know if they were loose and did not try to turn them. They both had a single Carter WCFB. Assuming they are not cracked and are loose any idea if they have any value. I am just guessing they are 354 cu in.

View attachment 1649577

View attachment 1649578
They probably came out of a old tractor pull rig. Don't offer too much. See where the guy is. He may thing a few hundred a piece is a fair price.

Why aren't they 331 or 392? Must look at block numbers and see if they turn, makes a drastic difference in price.

I think the yellow and green one is a 331. It has the extended block that hardly anything will bolt to. I think this was changed in 1954 to the style of the other engine.
I grew up in Southern Ontario tobacco country, and saw a lot of these early Hemi's in irrigation pumps. In dry summers, you could hear these things bellowing away at ponds, and at night you could spot them by the red glow from their exhaust manifolds. Sometimes these old pumps come up for sale at equipment auctions and typically sell for around $2000.00.

Last edited:
R413 is right, the displacement makes a difference in price. 354 and 393 are the most sought out. I see lots of those for $1500 plus, the other displacements for less. In the seventies Princess Auto here in Canada had brand new industrial hemi short blocks for sale for at a ridiculously low price. Had pages of war surplus N.OS. Willy’s jeep parts, too. If I only knew then…

Auto Transport Service
Back