• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chuck Rosa AVS rebuild service Texas, scam

R/T

Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Just got burnt by Chuck Rosa , trusted him with my 69 #matching AVS. It came back with the wrong screws for the top, too long, bottomed out, gouging both sides as well, secondary leaks like a sieve, shutting down my fresh rebuild, fuel dripping from primary shaft as well. I contacted him and he told me to find a real mechanic, said i dont know what im doing. Regards. Should of read the reviews. He even charged me an extra 100$ to drill and tap my non-functioning idlers. What a bummer....im out 600$ and he fuped uck my carb. Apparently he spray bombs the carb and throws in a jiffy kit. Stay away....

Did he send you a video of it 'on a running engine'?

Yes, i told him it might not be mine on the video, he is still emailing me telling me if i am so smart why did i need him to rebuild it, i told him i am going to buy a brand new one, shouldn't have any problems there!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

those carbs are extremely easy to rebuild. go back thru it yourself.

Why would the left secondary leak , im gonna go with a cracked passage!

image.jpg

Spray painted over dirt inthe corners

Looks like crap work to me . My wife could /does do nicer rebuilds then that . Not sure why you even bothered if you want it done right do it yourself! All you can do is write a review ,or go kick his *** and burn his shop down depending how mad you are !

Yikes! The guy needs to invest in a soda blast cabinet at least, that is no kind of way to perform a rebuild

I used this guy, he did the two barrel on my 383 and a single barrel Holley for a old forklift. Im not a expert but his work looked excellent to me and he seems to be a nice enough guy.

Did the accelerator pump work at least? All my recent rebuilds (do-it-yourself) have had problem with a very weak discharge.

Anyone with any carburetor experience can look at the pics above and know it was a crap job.....

Furthermore, his responses to the customer tells what kind of individual your dealing with...a total hack....

A simple google search, Wow! Scumbag that guy is....

I just sent Chuck a link to this post .... Hoping it will put a stop to his endless emails claiming my guilt and his innocence .

If that's the carb you sent him then yes in fact I have video of my 8 year old rebuilding carbs better than that....on YouTube....

Jesus this guy is a douche bag in every sense of the word. How in the hell can someone do some **** like this and feel good about it. What a loser and thanks for the heads up on people like this.

Looks like a lazy crook. For $600 I would be suing in small claims court. It is about the principle of the matter.

The Youtube video he sent was shot from twenty feet away of a chevy engine with a Carter on it !

Auto Transport Service
Back