• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic car Insurance Michigan

Expound on the hassle.........

I still don't understand. I have a pile of NOS Michigan plates, that I use for all my old rides. I collect old/NOS plates...so I'll have what I need to register whatever year car I have.

I still don't understand. I have a pile of NOS Michigan plates, that I use for all my old rides. I collect old/NOS plates...so I'll have what I need to register whatever year car I have.
Exactly, but if you don't have a plate then you need to find one and register that one. My other cars have the year specific plates but my 1940 Ford has a custom plate I've had for 14 years which I like that is the hassle for me because to keep the insurance lower I have to get rid of my plate I've had for 14 years. If I wanted a year specific plate I would have got one back then and paid the 35 dollar one time registration fee.

IM000297.JPG

So, it's the vanity plate thing. I figured you didn't want to have the "use-exclusions" for using an authentic plate. I always liked the Haggerty insurance discount, for running the authentic plates, myself......and I go where and when I want. None of the regular insurance companies could touch the specialty company prices.

Last edited:
So, it's the vanity plate thing. I figured you didn't want to have the "use-exclusions" for using an authentic plate. I always liked the Haggerty insurance discount, for running the authentic plates, myself......and I go where and when I want. None of the regular insurance companies could touch the specialty company prices.
I'm going to get a year specific it will solve all my problems with the insurance just got to find a 1940 plate. Hope I can find one. Got my others from mad max plates in Lansing hope he still in business.

That seems pretty fair for 76 year-old NOS plates.

If any of you people are using Ameriscam Collectors, Drop them like a hot potato!!! They lie BIGTIME to your face, can't send out renewals, don't give a **** about you or your policy, and they make up the rules as they go along. DROP THEM ASAP!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back