• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

click to unsubscribe.......

Bladecutter

"Pursuit of Shape"
Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
.......@#$%&!**!!!@@@()//!!!!!
Such a gd frustrating thing getting the unwanted solicitation & scammer trash in email because of having info traded off by unscrupulous outfits.
Click to unsubscribe??!! Bullshit, I NEVER effing subscribed!!!!! One thing I've learned about the online experience....NEVER ABITRARILY CLICK!!!!!!!

That's why I use a completely separate Email addy for online stuff.

That way it all goes into 'that' folder and I can just delete and move on.
Yeah, I just delete it all, rarely use my email anymore, just keep it for a handful of contacts that it is the only way I have to comm with them.

I just got done doing that with my spam folder. How do these F-sticks get your info?

Last edited:
Your info gets sold by websites that store cookies. You visit a website, that site stores your data on what you did on that site; then it gets sold to a data collection agency; they take that data and contact other sites of similar interest; those sites in return bombard you with all this junk.

.......@#$%&!**!!!@@@()//!!!!!
Such a gd frustrating thing getting the unwanted solicitation & scammer trash in email because of having info traded off by unscrupulous outfits.
Click to unsubscribe??!! Bullshit, I NEVER effing subscribed!!!!! One thing I've learned about the online experience....NEVER ABITRARILY CLICK!!!!!!!

reagan.com is a private email website that costs $45 a year. I joined one year ago and haven't had a single ad or piece of spam show up like they did when I had yahoo.

You're going to still get emails that you have to unsubscribe from...and the scammers. Email addresses aren't private and are sold multiple times to multiples entities that use them for advertising. Nothing stops that that I'm aware of.

I just got done doing that with my spam folder. How do these F-sticks get your info?
Email addresses aren't private. Virtually nothing done over the internet is private.

That happened to me several years ago and had to change my address. The tip on using another email you can nuke is excellent. I've encountered spams coming my way after doing biz with an outfit via email. I no longer do much email, beyond inquiries, and don't say yes when some store I'm at, or on the phone, wants to send an 'emailed' receipt at least to my main email address.

reagan.com is a private email website that costs $45 a year. I joined one year ago and haven't had a single ad or piece of spam show up like they did when I had yahoo.

You're going to still get emails that you have to unsubscribe from...and the scammers. Email addresses aren't private and are sold multiple times to multiples entities that use them for advertising. Nothing stops that that I'm aware of.
Just so I'm clear...you're still going to get email ads in your Inbox that you will have to unsubscribe from. You can't stop those. What you don't get is the spam or those annoying ads that pop up on your screen when you're in the website itself.

Just so I'm clear...you're still going to get email ads in your Inbox that you will have to unsubscribe from. You can't stop those. What you don't get is the spam or those annoying ads that pop up on your screen when you're in the website itself.
I just delete the crap without opening the mail....I will not click anything to unsubscribe....that's scammers/hackers paradise.
I will never purchase online, never give any sensitive info such as DL number, SS number etc.
Unless it's mail from someone I know, or something specific I'm already waiting on, which I can garner just from the email heading, it gets deleted, never opened.

I will not click anything to unsubscribe.

Yup, clicking on the unsubscribe link in an unsolicited e-mail tells them your e-mail address is active and they'll pass the info on to other spammers.

you have to be smarter than the "links"

if you don't recognize anything
just delete

"it's not brain surgery or rocket science"

My provider announced they were "upgrading" their system and I might see some spam until they are finished.....HOLY ****!!!!! Their old system was working fine if you ask me. I seldom got unsolicited garbage. Since the 31st, when they started the upgrade, I have had at least 40 spam emails each day! So the filters really work, at least they DID. If it ain't broke don't **** with it!

You think spam is bad, wait until someone gets into your email contact addresses and puts a bug in an email and you think its from a friend. It happened to me but only once, that I open an email thinking it was from a friend. It was her name but another email address from a New Zeland church which I didnt notice at the time. I got a bad bug and it cost me ninety dollars to have a computer shop de-bug my laptop. This creep used mostly people I know off Facebook, but also off my email list to. Since then I look at the email address behind the name to see who is really the sender, which it turns out they have the capability of using any email address to send me an email. I talked with Yahoo and they said it's common and there is nothing they can do, or will to do I think. This could be from someone I know that has a grudge or a stranger that gets off doing this. Since the first one I block all unknown addresses and deleted them as they come in. It took over a year but so far I havent seen one since October.

My provider announced they were "upgrading" their system and I might see some spam until they are finished.....HOLY ****!!!!! Their old system was working fine if you ask me. I seldom got unsolicited garbage. Since the 31st, when they started the upgrade, I have had at least 40 spam emails each day! So the filters really work, at least they DID. If it ain't broke don't **** with it!
Why the hell would somebody have red X'd You for this post??
Give the benefit of doubt that it may be 'fat' finger, 'tiny' keyboard syndrome. The proximity of the agree & disagree buttons is too close, IMO.
Yeah, I never had a junk problem till they fucked with the old dog,,,,,seems every upgrade creates new holes.

You think spam is bad, wait until someone gets into your email contact addresses and puts a bug in an email and you think its from a friend. It happened to me but only once, that I open an email thinking it was from a friend. It was her name but another email address from a New Zeland church which I didnt notice at the time. I got a bad bug and it cost me ninety dollars to have a computer shop de-bug my laptop. This creep used mostly people I know off Facebook, but also off my email list to. Since then I look at the email address behind the name to see who is really the sender, which it turns out they have the capability of using any email address to send me an email. I talked with Yahoo and they said it's common and there is nothing they can do, or will to do I think. This could be from someone I know that has a grudge or a stranger that gets off doing this. Since the first one I block all unknown addresses and deleted them as they come in. It took over a year but so far I havent seen one since October.
Yes, I've gotten a couple bogus mails headed with a Friend's name.
I did open the 1st one without realizing wtf was up. Fortunately I didn't get double whammied. But there is no info of any value in my mail box. I will not do any business, transferring of sensitive info online....the email account is in the name of a screen name.

Auto Transport Service
Back