• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clock woes

Adam Nathan

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Took the old girl out for a drive yesterday and as the speedo rolled over to 20,000 it froze half way through the change and the speedo needle went bonkers then it died.
Took dash apart this evening after work to investigate and it looks like the spring mech on the front of clock is toast. Do they repop the whole thing or just the spring and if so where can one locate them?
Car is a 70 coronet R/T with the sweep type speedo. Classic industries are a no no. Not sure where else to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 157
What other years and platforms used this type of instrument cluster? Tried herbs and scoured flea bay but no joy there so not too sure what my next move is.

Just found and bought this one from flea bay. Was on a buy it now for $99 but looks exceptionally clean. All in with shipping to my front door $149. Could have done without this head ache and expense but just glad I found one, now let's hope the bastard works lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg