• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coil Question?

superbeedave

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guy's,
My question is I have a Pertronix 2 coil which is rated at .6 Ohms, can I use this with the Mopar performance electronic ignition with the orange box? I have wondered if the lower resistance would cause the ECU to have problems with there being more heat going through it due to the lower resistance. I do have a new MSD 2 coil but I don't much like the red with the street hemi orange engine paint.

Thanks, Dave

I ran a Flamethrower II with the orange box with no problems. I've since switched to the chrome and bypassed the ballast resistor. Again, no issues.

I ran a Flamethrower II with the orange box with no problems. I've since switched to the chrome and bypassed the ballast resistor. Again, no issues.
Thank you for the reply, and it only took 87 views to get one person to finally comment! That's good to hear that someone else had ran those two together with no problems.
Thank you! Dave

Something like that you need to go with what is recommended....probably why we did not comment ...
sorry, Super Dave

Sonny:(

Auto Transport Service
Back