• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorado Mountain Lion Attack

My first idea is where was the pistol he should’ve had when in the wilderness? Not nearly an expert, but I take the 1911 out in the evening when the dogs go out. Recent coyote sightings in he neighborhood.

This wasn't the wilderness for starters, it's essentially on the edge of a city with ~170,000 people.
3 extra pounds on a run? Ain't happening.
He probably wouldn't have found the opportunity to draw it in any case given this situation and quite possibly could have injured himself in the fracas.
I would say he had plenty of weapons, a cool head being the first one.

At first I thought the guy was a karate black belt, but I guess not.

Which reminds me, in real life I can't recall even one occasion where martial arts were used to disarm an attacker like in the movies.

Warning signs are all over the place out there. Running or any activity alone is just plan stupid.

I was yelling at my cousin today after reading this,telling her to carry when she is out hiking.
She told me lions are more a issue in foothillls and she lives on the plains. Coyotes are seen there and they had a few that went after some joggers which I’m told is unusual.
The issue is I guess that the more they build these animals get use to seeing people. I don’t know but she did telll me game people put those animals down. I still told her to carry.

We have had instances of coyotes running in packs here. Coyotes are normally loners unless the female is teaching the cubs to hunt. But there have been claims they were adults. We have plenty that will not go out alone even here without carrying something. The worse use to be stray domestic dog packs. Not afraid of humans but will run you down just the same.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ale...ts-positive-for-rabies-on-georgia-tech-campus
5137126_021319-wls-N1-rabid-fox-GA-students-vid.jpg

Saw this beast of a guy on the news a couple of days ago. Geez he weighs all of 150 lbs. I weigh 40 lbs more then he does and I would have been scared shitless and run the other way. This guy turns for a fight with the animal and chokes him off with his foot. I’m telling you he’s my hero!

Saw this beast of a guy on the news a couple of days ago. Geez he weighs all of 150 lbs. I weigh 40 lbs more then he does and I would have been scared shitless and run the other way. This guy turns for a fight with the animal and chokes him off with his foot. I’m telling you he’s my hero!
Think about it where you going to run to that it will not catch you.

The article in the local paper the other day said the cat was only around 40 pounds, but still.....
Most people around here these days would have curled up into a ball and bled to death.

Amazing what a person can do in a fight or flight situation.

We have some mountain lions in Missouri but we dont hear about them interacting with humans. The coyotes around here run in packs. Its normal to hear them for long periods of time moving through the timber behind my house. They will come up after the dogs if it is real cold for a long time. I guess food is hard to get in the winter. The foxes will kill and eat outside cats if they get a chance.

Ever try to give a house cat a bath!

Sorry but I'm just a little suspect about the whole story.

Last edited:
Ever try to give a house cat a bath!

Sorry but I'm just a little suspect about the whole story.
Have you ever had your house cat try to kill you while giving it a bath?
I would break his scrawny neck in a New York minute, I hate cats anyway.

Have you ever had your house cat try to kill you while giving it a bath?
I would break his scrawny neck in a New York minute, I hate cats anyway.

Lol. I'm just putting it into perspective. A house cat can be a handful when fending it off. I can't imagine what a full size mountain lion would do to you.

Regardless of what the media says, I wouldn't want to tangle with any wild cat, no matter the size. Hell, I don't even mess with the raccoons that come in my yard, they are mean, and don't weigh more then 20 pounds. Years ago, I actually witnessed a raccoon chew off a dogs leg when the two got into a scrap. I sure wouldn't want them chewing on me, and a wild cat, could be worse!

I had a friend who was hunting for mushrooms and had a bobcat drop from a tree on his back. It tore his back to pieces before he got it off. His best guess was it must have had a den with little ones near.

Auto Transport Service
Back