• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Community restoration

fowens

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
I posted something similar on a different forum. But, after reading through a lot of this site and seeing some of the knowledge you guys have with the 5.7l swap into B-bodies and this is what I'm looking to do.

I currently have a 1969 RR/383 auto. Looking forward to doing a complete restoration from bumper to bumper.

What I'd like to do, since I have zero mechanical experience (I'm even pretty new as far as what ever part is named), is have the community/group help walk me through taking it apart and putting it back together. I will ask a lot of questions and for your patience. If you point me to an article or a section of the service manual I'll review that. As I remove, baggy, label and take pics of everything, I'll post pics. Maybe it can be a good "how-to" for any noobs in the future.

Some pics are posted below and I'm hoping for your help to get this going as I'm unsure of how to accomplish the next steps. Hopefully I can get assistance on really everything. From removing the steering column, engine, window assemblies, suspension and pulling the body up and off for paint and getting the trunk floor fixed.

I know it's a tall order. But, I'm looking forward to coming out with a solid result with some (a lot) of your help.

Thanks, gents.

IMG_20131223_232214312.jpgIMG_20140121_165038684.jpgIMG_20140121_193034651.jpg

When I began my 67 coronet I had the car a runner and driver and no tools no place to work on it and no way to go around to junk yards so everything comes in the mail... you have to look up my profile and the thread about "I've talked a lot of $hite on here now here's some pics to see what I've been doing... I can't post anymore pictures from that original format because of my computer went down and I have posted to the forum from my phone... this site can be difficult to post pictures if youure not computer savy...sounds like a great peoject ...

Take lots of pictures as you take stuff apart. I put small items in plastic bags. Then put a piece of tape on the bag of what the item is and where it goes. Write stuff down. When I removed my dash and heater box to rebuild I had a bunch of marked plastic bags and a large box to put all the hadware in. I use tin foil to rap around wires and hoses that are not removed when painting.

Auto Transport Service
Back