• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connected MSD 6AL and lost charging system

daddyo

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
I've got the box all hooked up per instructions, but now have no charging system. I believe I need to reconnect the factory dark blue wire from the coil (+) to the voltage regulator IGN terminal. I do have both sides of coil connected to the MSD box as well.

Does this sound like the answer?

Thanks

You shouldn't be unhooking wires from the voltage regulator, you need battery positive and negative to power it then simply a 12V ignition source to turn it on. I used the old coil wire for turning mine on.

You shouldn't be unhooking wires from the voltage regulator, you need battery positive and negative to power it then simply a 12V ignition source to turn it on. I used the old coil wire for turning mine on.

I currently have the brown wire that used to go to the ballast resistor connected to the IGN side of the voltage regulator along with the blue wire with white tracer from the bulkhead connector. The ignition wire for the MSD (small red wire) is also connected to the IGN side of the voltage regulator. The ignition system works great. Currently, the only wire from the coil (+) is the one that connects to the MSD box. Sounds like all I need to do is reconnect the dark blue wire from the coil (+) to the IGN side of the voltage regulator and I'll be in business.

Sound good?

Thanks!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back