• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CONSOLE PAINT

dragrazor

Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
What paint has been successfully used on the "plastic" console ? going to use SEMA on all pearl interior and want to use correct black on console. and other areas that were black. I have soda blasted the console. Will clean thoroughly as needed. Any suggestions and or happily used and results using ?? thanks

I use SEM brand Landau black on all of my interior plastic. I always use the SEM plastic prep liquid to clean and get all the wax and other contaminants off. Rinse with clean water and dry before spraying on the Landau Black. Have never had any issues with pealing or lifting.
I'm not a dealer or in anyway promoting SEM products except that "they work for me"

Well I have had very good luck with "Trim Paint". I have used several different ones but the one I am using currently is by Dupli-Color

dragrazor......I took in one of my plastic parts to the local paint shop and ended up with SEM 15243 satin black color coat paint for vinyl or plastic. I too cleaned the panels well and used a paint adhesion spray before painting. Mine looks great.....

Carl

It is painted the same color as the car....picture attached.

Carl
DSCN2806.JPG
DSCN2807.JPG
DSCN2905.JPG

Very nice :).............which order did you re install dash/ heater box ? thanks for your input.........How ever quite aways to go b4 that process

DSCN0093.JPG

My car is an air condition model, so I spent a couple months rebuilding the heater/air box and installed that first followed by the dash shell. I installed the pad next followed by the dash trim. I had to remove the trim twice to install items in the dash shell. I also had to remove the dash pad to install the speaker grill. Seems like I had to install and remove several times on items...lol...it is just part of the process.

Your car looks cool.....I remember when mine looked the same.

Carl

Hey thanks so much for the info, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid (redo after redo) If I had the energy to do so, but don't, so trying to do it in easy yet correct order :). Car had only 29,000 miles but sat in junk yard 20+yrs then my JUNK yard another 20 :) Windshield got busted via a tree limb, unknown to me early, so rusted passenger floor board. Was in salvage yard as being towed from accident scene, never got tow charge paid so was left in the salvage yard (left front damage)...........Not numbers matching as previous owner had engine self-destruct and dealer replaced, at less than 5,000 miles. No written verification so who know how true..........Any way is why am not going back original. Again thanks for the advice and info :)

Auto Transport Service
Back