• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converter feedback

Virg464

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Looking for any feedback about a brand of converter that I'm considering for my car.

FTI Performance, "Street race Converter", 3600 stall

Anybody use FTI, or heard any good or bad about them?

Thanks.

Ordered nearly the same thing from FTI this week. A lot of the reviews were comparing it to PTC. Always heard good things about Ptc and most said Fti was better. Been running a dynamic 9 1/2 3800 and love it. Needed a convertor quick and bought one in stock. Hoping to get it in the car soon.

Last edited:
Ordered nearly the same thing from FTI this week. A lot of the reviews were comparing it to PTC. Always heard good things about Ptc and most said Fti was better. Been running a dynamic 9 1/2 3800 and love it. Needed a convertor quick and bought one in stock. Hoping to get it in the car soon.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Everything I found about FTI was good but wanted some feedback for a more trusted source.

Running a PTC 3500 stall 9.5" converter behind a warmed over 440 and it does great. Kinda want a lower stall as this is a street car but it will have to do for now.

I have had a PTC in 3 of my cars. Also a 9" but a 3200 stall in my Charger with over 55,000+ miles on it and hundreds of passes. And, I also have a 8" 5600 stall in my Challenger street/ strip car. I like their convertors. Very manageable with everyday street driving and flashes where it needs to when racing.

The FTI we ordered just arrived from summit last week it's suppose to be 3200rpm...but it's going behind a 542 with 3.23 and we were not particular worried about the flash speed, more that it be tight and didnt want to wait for a custom. Our first 9 1/2" I called dynamic and PTC. We went with the dynamic because they seemed more confident on keeping it tight for street use but keeping the flash higher. PTC wanted to keep the stall around 3500 where Dynamic was 3800-4200. Dynamic did what they said they would for tight it moves the car great at 2100 even though our flash is 4300, which is great. 4.10s and 30.2 tall tires. May have underestimated the power.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back