• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Coronet Vert boot moulding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtruvalue

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
69 Dodge Coronet convertible. I need the moulding that screws to the back of the rear seat that the boot slides into to secure the boot. It measures about 40" long. It's one of those obscure parts that disappear during a restoration.

My convertible is a Plymouth.... but I believe the piece you're looking for doesn't attach to the seat. There's a pretty large (but thin/light) piece of metal that goes BEHIND the seat & connects with a couple screws on each side the rear interior panels and along the center with some screws that go into....hmmmm.... I guess it's still the floorboard sort of, where it starts to bend up & around the rear axles headed towards the trunk. The big piece is about 4 ft. long.

On that big piece there is a thin strip (channel) that the boot well slides into. The channel is attached to the big piece with a bunch of screws. There's a good chance you will find what you need on this site. It's a rare part, but not many people need one, so if someone parted out a convertible, they probably have it still.

This is the part he is looking for. Very hard to find nice as most get pitted, bent up and removed.

IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8568.JPG

QuickBpBp
I believe you're correct. Thank you for the description and especially the pic's. That image was the first time I ever saw what I was looking for. I hope someone out there has that piece. Thanks again, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back