• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct carb for 67 belvedere 2, 273

Marcus

Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade the carburetor on my 67 belvedere 2, but I'm having trouble finding the proper size carb. It has a 273, and I believe it is all stock. The carb that it currently has is a Carter O-1933.
Thanks

Are you trying to put on a higher CFM rated carb?

I believe those Carter BBD series 2 barrels did come in different CFMs for different size and year engines.

I think FABO had a post a while back listing some numbers and applications.

Maybe a 318 carb?

If you get away from the BBD style mount flange, you'll likely need a 4 barrel intake and a reducer of some sort.

I believe those Carter BBD series 2 barrels did come in different CFMs for different size and year engines.

Maybe a 318 carb?

If you get away from the BBD style mount flange, you'll likely need a 4 barrel intake and a reducer of some sort.
The LA engine used either a SAE 1-1/4" flange Stromberg WWC3 or a SAE 1-1/4" flange Carter BBD seties. Both the 273 cubic inch engine and 318 cubic inch engines used a 1-7/16" throttle bore. While the 273" engine used a slightly smaller VENTURII diameter. The WWC3 Stromberg has the fuel inlet entering from the side, while the Carter BBD carbs have the fuel entering from the front. The Carter BBD carbs could be interchanged ......
BOB RENTON

Maybe a 318 carb?

Thanks, I'm trying to find the proper CFM rating for my car

Auto Transport Service
Back