• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct fan shroud for 64 Polara

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

can someone tell me from the photo whether this is the right fan shroud for my 64 Polara 22“ radiator with 383.

I only have this picture.

Thanks
Yannik
IMG_6080.jpeg

I think a 64 should have a steel shroud. My 65 has the original shroud and it is steel.
Mike

'64 rad shroud is a 2-piece steel unit. It bolts to the 22" rad side straps with 4 brackets ( 2 per side ). Not all 22" rads will accept this shroud because the side straps have a notch for the bracket ends to slide into and a caged nut to secure them. I think Classic Industries sells the side straps and brackets, as well as proper shroud.
The pictured shroud is NOT the correct one. I have a 1964 Polara with the correct shroud. These usually came on A/C cars.

Last edited:
Yes, those are the right pieces. You still need to check the side straps on your radiator to see it has the provisions to mount these.

Part number on my radiator is 2524972. google says its a 65. The original fan shroud would fit anyway right?

That IS a steel shroud. It looks like it could be the correct one. The only thing I know that is not correct is those two large holes next to where the nut bolts the two halves together on the bottom side of your picture..

You have the right side straps for the metal shroud. The tongue of the bracket slips into the rectangular hole, and the cage nuts go into the square holes to bolt the brackets down.

Last edited:
What radiator are you using a small block or big block rad? The small block rad has the hose in the middle of the top tan, the big block has the upper hose on the passenger side of the rad (top) It is kind of hard to see if there is an indentation (slight curve of a cutout on the top half of the picture you posted. By looking at the picture Im not sure if it would even work on the small block radiator due to the arch in it for the fan. I'd be leary of it in case the seller is trying to sell something that might not even be Mopar. As others have said, you'll need the 4 side straps that actually hold shroud to radiator. With that being said, look closely at the sides of your existing radiator to see if the encapulsated square nuts are actually in their respective slots. If they are missing its not the end of the world to find 4 sided nuts to put back in place but it can be tricky with rad in the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back