• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct finish for master cylinder cap ?

Yours is correct for 68......It also has the right cyanide CAD look and if it has the weep holes then:thumbsup:.....This is why it is so convoluted from one year to the next...

People have used NOS ones as examples which are not the same as the line pieces.....See below autopar is Mopar's Canadian parts source....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-...ash=item4b31833e55:g:KJIAAOSw301aXn0R&vxp=mtr

Cool. Where would the weep holes be? I assume on the bottom of the master?

ah. I sees now...

img_0799-jpg.jpg

Look at the lid in my thread....I posted the link above...

Thanks again for all the info, it is great to learn more
The detailed photos are excellent for reference

Is there an easy way to visibly differentiate between the manual drum and power drum master ?
Just to be certain, they are different , aren't they ? Are the bore sizes different ? Edit: I see year one has the master as listed same for drum manual or power, hmm

Because I am probably going to buy a "standard quality" unit to use, and save my non original (with incorrect cover)

It seems some are available with the correct shape cover with the clamp, but they don't always specify power or manual in the listings, (others have "M" in the part number)

I'd like to try and get one with the correct appearing cover and clamp if possible

Are the (correct appearing) covers reproduced currently ? Edit: I also see year one selling (pricey, but correct style/appearing) master cylinder covers with clamp in the gold finish

Thanks

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back