• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corvette guy comes over to the dark side...

short stack

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi B-body guys and gals. Wanted to join up and say hi as I will be posting questions for you to help me with. Im a chevy guy (hides behind couch) but have taken on a mopar project for a friend. His brother started restoration on a 70 road runner 383, but only got to the point of total tear down before passing away. I have a trunk full of parts and a desire to help my friend put back together a tribute to his brother through this road runner. I have a small restoration shop and we do some fun chevy stuff, but this is my first shot at a mopar, so I am hoping I can get some help from everybody here at B-bodies. Ultimately car guys always help car guys, regardless of which name plate is on the grille. I have done about 10 hours of forum reading before signing up and have already found some great info.

thanks again for your help in the future!

short stack

[video=youtube_share;5blbv4WFriM]http://youtu.be/5blbv4WFriM[/video]hi and welcome over from the dark side , sounds like your friend has a nice project for you ,start by going through a lot of other members builds and read the post and look at all the photos, you will find a lot of info there as the day goes on other people will chime in have fun and post some photos of your build

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you finally came from the dark side and seen the light:hello2:

Ask away! We'll help as best we can.

better photo here

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum, short stack. Nice to hear that you're helping out a friend.

If you don't have a service manual for the road runner, head over and download it from here:
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Thanks, got one. Always my first go to on a new build. In the Corvette world we have something called an "assembly manual" which was the original factory picture diagram book used on the assembly line by the workers to assemble components, sub assemblys and ultimately the entire car. Is there something like that for mopars?

(No jokes about corvette guys not being able to read!!)

thanks,
short stack

Attachments

• 2014-01-15 11.38.08.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 326
Most of us have an Other brand here. It keeps the brain working ! Hell just look at my Vette ( its for sale to finish my runner !)
I work on all make in my shop also. Keep the Q's coming as you will get Great info here !

OK, you have that sign, so we'll give you brownie points.

Interesting question about the assembly manual. I don't know, but perhaps some members who have worked on assembly lines will know better. If they exist, I'd love to get one for the 72 Sattie.

You came to the right place for sure. 100's of years of experience here and a damn fine bunch of car guys and gals.

What kind of questions or concerns do you have my dad had a 1970 383 roadrunner so should be able to help you out with what ever.

1st rule is to not paint the engine compartment black....unless of course the body is also black :D Sorry, couldn't resist and welcome to the site!

short stack welcome to the dark side/FBBO, we have a great & mostly all friendly knowledge base here...

1st rule is to not paint the engine compartment black....!

BIG LOL on that one. The Roadrunner was originally sassy grass (or is it lime light) (or is it sublime lime?) - havent decoded the tag yet. Anyway, the car then was painted orange, and now yellow. Leaving the engine compartment a complete disaster. Looks like a rainbow exploded under the hood. My first thought was to do a GM blackout - would have been SOOOOOO much easier. But I wanted to do it right, even though this car probably doesnt deserve it. My wiring harness were complete crap, and the engine was already out, so I decided to do it right and am getting ready to send the car out to soda blast and we will paint the engine compartment, rad core support etc all yellow to match the current color of the car.

So, long story, but you made me laugh with the "dont paint the engine compartment black" comment!

thanks for the welcome

short stack

1st rule is to not paint the engine compartment black....unless of course the body is also black :D Sorry, couldn't resist and welcome to the site!

Hehehehe...and Goon's already feeling the tremor's.

Welcome aboard Short Stack. Great to have you

Welcome to the site. Here's mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20110420_191033.jpg
    IMG_20110420_191033.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 267
welcome... we have "sure-grip" rear ends , not a "posi" and I challenge you to do a "frame-off" resto without a torch, sawzall or spot weld cutter LOL .....

sorry couldn't resist...

Attachments

• Sure_Grip.jpg
    Sure_Grip.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 305
Welcome to the site! There's no assembly manual so it will take a lot of research. Also note that different assembly plants did things a little different.

Auto Transport Service
Back